Chapter 9

•Four P.O.V.•
We wait in the pit for the initiates to arrive. They better get here soon. They have ten minutes.

I see a lot of the initiates. 18 of the 19 are here. There is one not here. Jessica.

"Where is Jessica?" I yell.

"She's blow drying her hair." An Amity says.

10 minutes later, Jessica comes over with her hair 'perfect'.

"Your late." Tris says obviously annoyed.

"Well you woke me up with a HOSE. And RUINED my hair! So I had to bring it back to perfection." Jessica say then flicks her hair over her shoulder.

"100 laps around the compound. Then we will see how 'perfect' your hair is." Tris says then stalks off.

"So we are gonna be shooting today. I'll show you how, then your on your own." I say. I demonstrate. Inhale. Aim. Exhale. Fire. Dead center.

The initiates shoot for 3 hours. Now it's lunch time.

"You guys are excused. After lunch we will be fighting." Tris says. Jessica still isn't done with all her laps. I stopped her to ask her.

"What lap are you on?" I ask her.

"43." She says breathless.

"Wimp. Speed up. Be done by the end of lunch." I say and walk over to Tris. She is staring at a piece of paper.

It's the list of initiates.

Erudite- Paul
Erudite- Amanda
Erudite- Paula
Erudite- Trinity
Erudite- Karson(girl)
Erudite- Mark
Erudite- Ryan
Erudite- Brandon
Amity- Flora
Amity- Juni
Amity- Jona (girl)
Amity- Luke
Amity- Penny
Candor- Jessica
Candor- Cooper
Candor- Jack
Candor- Taylor
Candor- Vick (girl)
Candor- Mona

"Fight list?" I ask her.

"Yeah." She says with a sigh.

"Well we have to see their ability first." I say.

"I want Jessica with Brandon." Brandon is a big, burly kid. Would crush Jessica.

"Fine by me." I say with a laugh.

"Yay!" She says.

"You know she is only on lap 45 now probably." I say.

"Wimp." She says and snorts.

"That what I told her!" I say.

"She's pathetic." Tris says and rolls her eyes.

"I agree." I say.

"You want some food?" She asks me.

"Yeah. Are you going over there?" I ask her.

"Yeah. I'll pick us up something. Burgers?"

"What else."

"Ok." She says and laughs.

"DON'T FORGET THE CAKE!" I scream at her.

"How could I?" She says. I laugh and wave her off.

>Tris P.O.V<

I grab burgers and cake and go back to the training room. I don't see Tobias where I left him.

"Tobias?" I call out.

"GET OFF ME!" I hear him scream. This can only mean one thing. Jessica.

I run over to the hall way and see Jessica trying to kiss Tobias but him pushing her back with a disgusted look on his face.

"GET OFF OF HIM!" I yell and throw her to the ground.

"What! It's not like you have any chance with him!" She says with a scoff.

"Well I know why your not Erudite." I say and roll my eyes.

"Jessica. You need to lay off. I don't like you and I never will." Tobias say and walks away.

"That's what you think! I might not be Erudite but I'm smarter then I look!" She yells after him.

"I'm sure you have the IQ of a squirrel." I say and roll my eyes.

All the initiates file into the training room.

"YOU ALL HAVE THE REST OF THE DAY OFF! GO AWAY!" I scream at them. Jessica is the first one out the door.

"Why?" Tobias asks me.

"I'm too upset to deal with them right now." I say and start walking to the apartment with my food.

This is gonna suck. I need Jessica to become faction less. And I won't stop until I do.

A/N: heyo! I'm sorry for the long wait for an update. I've been reading this really good Divergent no war story called Beating Heart by _emjackson_ you should read it its on point perfecto!

Bye bye I'm gonna go listen to Panic! At the disco.