Chapter 2

¥ Tobias P.O.V ¥

I look down at my watch, expecting Tris's arrival. I'm so proud of her. Ranking first in initiation. She reminds me of myself. A transfer from Abnegation, ranking first against all odds.

Just as I look up, I see her walk in. And so do lots of other guys. There are a lot of cat calls and pick up lines, as well as guys checking her out. But her being that unaware little abnegation girl, she doesn't notice.

She looks around the room until her eyes meet mine. Her eyes light up and she starts walking towards me. She is so beautiful. It's a shame she doesn't think so.

"Hello Tris." I say in my 'four' voice. People don't know we are together, other then Christina.

"Hey To-Four."She saves herself and grins at me.

"TRIS YOU MADE IT!" Christina squeals. My eardrums start to hurt.

"Yup!" She says.

"EVERYONE THAT I DON'T KNOW OR LIKE GET OUT!" Zeke yells from atop a table.

"PANSYCAKES!" Uriah adds.

The majority of the people leave. Except for Me, Tris, Zeke, Uriah, Marleen, Christina, Will, Lynn, and Shauna.

"Uriah I said everyone that I don't like. Get out." Zeke jokes and everyone laughs.

"Whatever. Just for that, I'm going first." Uriah says. "Four, Candor or Dauntless?"

"Dauntless." I reply with no thought involved.

"Aw man! I dare you to tell us your real name." Uriah says.

I takes off my jacket. I will probably ever only tell Tris my real name.

"Tris. Candor or Dauntless." I say in my instructor voice.

"Umm Candor?" She says/asks.

"Who do you love?" I ask her and smirk.

"You" She faintly says.

"Uriah Candor or Dauntless?" She asks Uriah.

"Dauntless. I ain't no pansycake!" He says.

"I dare you to walk into the middle of the pit, and scream at the top of your lungs for 30 seconds, then walk away like nothing happened." Tris says. That's pretty good.

"Piece of Dauntless cake!" He says.

Everyone gets up and follows him to the edge of the pit. The gets to the center, stands there for a minute, then screams for 30 seconds. People around him look around to see what the threat is. Others fall on the ground, protecting their heads. When 30 seconds is up, he walks away like nothing happened.

We all get back to the apartment and everyone is rolling on the floor laughing. Tris especially. She looks like she is going to pass out.

"Aw man! Look at the time!" Will says. I look down at my watch and see that it is 12:46.

"I'm gonna get going." Tris says and stands up.

"Yeah me too. Later guys." I say.

As soon as the door into the apartment closes, I push Tris up against the wall and kiss her. She responds with the same fire. After, she gives me a hug.

"I love you." I mumble into her hair.

"I love you too." She says.