Chapter 1

-Tris P.O.V-
I was ranked first. Me. Just a girl from abnegation. I'm ecstatic. I scan the room for Tobias. When I finally see him, he is smiling at me. I run towards him.

"Congratulations." He says and smirks.

"Thanks!" I say and hug him.

"Do you think that people would notice if I kissed you?" He asks and I find my heart beating out of my chest.

"You know? I really don't care!" I say and press my lips to his. I feel fireworks go off in my stomach.

When we kiss, it's like nothing else matters. Like the world fades away. He is the only thing that matters. I love him so much. And all I need is him.

Ever since we first kissed, my heart has belonged to him. When we climbed the Ferris wheel and his hand touched my hip, I started to feel things for him. His fingers are like lightning bolts. When they touch me, I feel electricity.

"We should stop." He says.

"Why?" I ask and pout.

"Because if people see us, our cover is blown." He says and smirks.

"Ok." I say disappointed.

"TRIS!!" Christina yells.

"CHRISTINA!" I yell back and Tobias laughs.

"WE NEED TO GO SHOPPING! Zeke is throwing a party! And your wardrobe is tragic." Chris says.

"Save me!" I yell to Tobias.

"Not this time. See you later." He says and laughs at me.

"My pain is NOT funny, dude." I say.

"It is to me!" He says.

"Your rude!" I yell.

"I love you!" Tobias yells back.

"Love you too." I say and roll my eyes.

"Since when do you and Four love each other?" Chris asks. She seems sort of mad.

"Since two days! I haven't had the time to tell you since you have been off with Will!" I say.

"Oh. Ok. Sorry. But I totally ship you guys!" She squeals.

"Oh my goodness what is the matter with you?" I ask her.

"FourTris! Forever and always!" She squeals again.

"You need to stop squealing sweetie." I say and pat her shoulder.

"Shut up." She says.

After 4 hours of tortuous shopping, I finally have what Christina thinks is a proper wardrobe.

"Wear layers. We are going to play Candor or Dauntless." Chris says as she leaves.

"What's Candor or Dauntless?" I ask.

"You'll see." She says and smirks.

"Thanks for the help." I mumble to myself. I start looking through my shopping bags looking for something to wear.

I decide on a maroon fish net tank top with a black tank top underneath. I also wear black jeans and combat boots. I put leggings on underneath my jeans. And a leather jacket over my shirt.

Christina may be crazy, but I trust her. She knows more about these things then I do.

I start walking over to Zeke's apartment. I hear a booming bass in the background. I'm getting more and more nervous.

I chose a new life in Dauntless, so I can be free and brave. But the little abnegation girl inside me tells me that I'm dressed inappropriately and that this is dangerous.

"Shut up." I mumble to my abnegation self.

I take a deep breath, and open the door.