You caught me, now I'm yours forever - chapter 10

***Two weeks later***

***Christopher's POV***

I was stood in front of a mirror in Cat's room, adjusting my tie as she was getting ready in her en-suite. It was an hour before the funeral. Cat's Dad was completely battered and had no chance of survival, and her Mom died in hospital. That night Cat stayed with her friend, Lucy, and she had the next few weeks off school as she had to go to a few court cases and was still getting to grips with the whole orphan concept. I know I can be a right cocky idiot, but right now I couldn't feel any more sorry for Cat. I've grown to really care for her, I've never cared about anyone like this except my family. I promised I'd come to her parents' funeral, 'cause she needs someone to be there for her, I know she's got her best friends, Lucy and Joshua, but I'd just feel like crap if I wasn't there to support her. I mean, it was a huge shock to me when I found out about her brother's death and how her Mother blamed her Father and beat him for it. I finished sorting out my tie and hair and I sat down on Cat's bed. I looked around at her room, which I must admit, is pretty awesome. She had a double bed with super man covers, and she had black and white zebra striped wallpaper with a black ceiling and floor. On the wall opposite her bed was a little flat screen TV with a DVD player attached to it - it was pretty cool. She had a big wardrobe with mirrors on the doors on the wall next to her bed. Her bedroom might sound like it was one of a spoilt kid, but it was pretty simple and original. She also had a big picture of Spongebob on her wall along with a load of posters of her favourite bands - Bring me the Horizon, Paramore, My Chemical Romance, Guns 'n' Roses, Black veil Brides, Kiss... all sorts! They are what I would classify as "emo" bands, and to be honest I normally look down my noses at emos, but Cat wasn't a normal emo girl, she was my emo girl and I adored her. She didn't even act all depressed like some do, she was really nice too. And her black hair with red streaks in the fringe and sides of her hair was just fuckin' awesome. She's simply beautiful, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

About ten minutes later, Cat walked in. She looked gorgeous as always, but you could see the sadness in her clothes and make-up. She had half of her hair tied back, the other half down, she wore simple eye make-up, a little bit of black eyeliner and mascara. She wore a black dress, (it was June) that stopped at her lower thigh, which had a red flower on the strap. She wore red heels to go with it and red lip gloss - but not the kind that is really noticeable. She looked like a model compared to me. I was wearing a black suit and a red tie (we decided to match the redness). We went downstairs to Joshua and Lucy.

***Catholine's POV*** 

Me, Joshua, Chris and Lucy got in my car. Chris drove it though, because he wanted to "be a gentleman". Incase you're wondering - Josh is my gay best friend (literally) and he just came back from holiday in the Caribbean with a slight tan. Me and my friends always envied Josh's clear skin - he never, ever, got any random break-throughs, his skin was always clear and perfectly moisturized. In the car we had a long, exciting girly talk about his holiday, and guess what? He got some other guys numbers there! Lucky him, eh. We got out the car and walked around aimlessly for a bit until my Granddad came over and greeted everyone. He came over to me, 

"Oh, Cat..." and gave me a big hug. I loved my Granddad, he spoilt me all the time, and he was a little bit chubby, but he was a jolly chubby man, and he had a moustache - which is always awesome on old people. My Grandma, on the other hand, was lovely too but tended to complain a lot. She was the complete opposite of my Granddad, she was very petite, and she dyed her hair red (what an awesome grandma). My Grandparents weren't that old. I think my Granddad was 55 or something and my Grandma was 52. A tall, slender middle-aged man dressed in a black suit came over to us and guided us into the church. I don't even know why the funeral was in a church, because we aren't even religious, but it's a nice place for a funeral I guess. We took our seats, me being in between Josh and Chris, and Lucy being next to Josh. My grandparents (the cool ones from my Mum's side) were sat behind me. My other grandparents died when I was a baby. The funeral was a long process and I didn't like it at all, I just wanted to leave, but I had to stay put. Both Joshua and Chris held my hand the whole time. During the funeral I zoned out and thought about the court cases. They were just basically me telling them how my parents died and about my Mum hurting my Dad. Apparently I'm old enough to live on my own now, but I really don't like the idea of being so independent, so at the after-funeral gathering at my grandparents' house, I'm going to ask Lucy if she could ask her parents to come live with me, 'cause her parents are pretty supportive and nice. The funeral went on for what seemed like hours, but finally it was over and I could go out and get some fresh air.