Chapter 3

***Catholine's POV***

The police had finished their investigations and had concluded that the killer was a middle aged man with severe mental illness. He had pleaded guilty in court. My brother was killed on the 2nd January 2010 by a man named Sederick Williamson, all because my brother accidently knocked over his unoccupied bicycle. Why were there such dickheads in this world? All he did was knock over his fucking bike! He wasn't even on the bike at the time! Why? Why him? I felt sick, I should be feeling good that I've finally discovered my brother's killer, but no, I felt terrible, like the whole world was crashing down on me. What's even worse is that me or my mother- probably me because I'm not the one beating him up, is going to have to repeat the news all over again to my Father. My first thoughts were that maybe my Mom would stop hurting Dad all together because she finally has someone else to blame, but this news will probably make things worse, she'll get even more worked up. Poor Dad, it was the evening we found out that Daniel had been found dead that all this violence started. I can still remember that night clearly:

I could hear the front door being closed gently from in the living room, where we were all sat. Me, Mum, Dad, Danie- no, not Daniel. Daniel should be sat here, with us, but he was cruely taken from us that night. We don't know who, we don't know how, we just know that he's dead and gone and never coming back. I could feel that my whole face was wet, I could see that my Mum's once perfect mascara was now running down her face, I could see that my Dad, the most manly man alive, was crying, my Dad - crying. This is a dream, tell me this is a dream, tell me it's a fucking nightmare, anything, just tell me this is not reality, it's just all in my head. Catholine, who are you kidding? You know it's not a dream, the pain feels too real. Everything was silent, until Mom spoke, quietly, "This is your fault," What the hell is Mom talking about? Of course it's not Dad's fault!

"Mom, this isn't anyone's fault," I said, trying to sound calm. I put my hand on my Mother's arm, to comfort her, but she shook it off. "This is your fault! You drove him away! You upset him! You made him walk out by himself in the dark! If it wasn't for you, he'd be here with us right now!" Mom was screaming at Dad, gosh, can't she see? We're all upset! We should deffinately NOT be pointing fingers! "I-I'm, sorry..." Tears were running down Dad's face.

"You will be, you bloody well will be! You killed my son!"

"I didn't, I-I didn't!" Dad got up, Mom pushed him.

"You killed my baby!" Mom was screaming, I couldn't take it anymore,

"Mom, sit down!" I cried, she didn't listen.

"I want you to leave, now!" Mom yelled at Dad. Is she seriously kicking him out?

"But, this is my home!" Dad cried, "I paid for this house,and I'm going to bloody well live here!" Dad yelled back. I got up off of the couch, I was about to turn to run upstairs when my mom picked up the heavy glass ash tray. What the hell was she doing? She doesn't even smoke? The only reason we have it here is for Daniel... Before I could even start thinking about my brother, Mom threw the ash tray, with all her strength, across the room. It just missed Dad and smashed against the wall, falling into pieces on the floor. I ran over to Dad, to see if he was okay. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I yelled at Mom, "This is nobody's fault!" I took my Dad's hand in mine, standing next to him, now facing my Mother. "Don't you dare talk to me like that!" she hissed. I shook my head at Mom in disbelief. I quickly lead my Dad out of the living room and into the hallway, still holding his hand and closing the living room door behind me.

"Dad, I think you better leave, just for a couple of days, I'll talk to Mom about it in the morning. I think we should all sleep as well as we can tonight."

"But-"

"No Dad," I said calmly, "I'll call Uncle Paul and tell him you'll be staying for a couple of days, I'll bring round some clean clothes and a tooth brush in the morning. Now go Dad," I gently pushed him towards the door, "wait," he said. He quickly pulled me towards him and held me in a warm, tight hug. We both cried on each others shoulders for a second, until I heard my Mother walking out of the living room. I quickly pulled away, "Go, now!" I said quietly and I closed the front door silently. I turned around and saw Mom, black smudges around her eyes. She opened her mouth to say something, but I just turned around and ran upstairs. I fell onto my bed and started crying. Now I could finally mourn the loss of Daniel, my brother, my best friend.