You caught me, now I'm yours forever - chapter 9

***Catholine's POV***

I walked out of Chris' house, smiling smugly at my awesome exit, and then I realised I didn't have a clue how to get home. Great. I pulled out my phone and called my Dad... Answer phone. Great. I walked around and sat at a bus stop.

***Half an hour later***

I finally arrived at home, I didn't like the looks on the faces of the people on the bus, it kinda creeped me out, like they were all secretly vampires or something. I opened the door quietly and walked upstairs. I flopped on my bed and thought of Chris. It was so nice tonight, I was quite releaved that he felt the same way as me, and at my undeniably awesome exit. As usual, I could hear banging noises and thumps and smashing of glass and shouting. I'm used to it now.

I layed there for a bit, just thinking about things. After a while all the noises stopped and it was quiet. No, it wasn't just quiet, it was silent. Strangely silent. I got up and crept downstairs, and the only noise I could hear were the sounds of my light footsteps. I walked into the living room - nothing, there wasn't anyone there, just a few smashed wine glasses and the window had a little crack. I walked in the dining room - Nothing. I walked silently to the doorframe of the kitchen, when I put my ear to the door I could hear light breathing. I walked in and I screamed at the scene before me.

***Christopher's POV***

I sat on my bed for quite a while, thinking about how amazing, but stupid, I was at the same time. I just told her how I felt about her, but what if this was all way too fast? Ah heck, live life - regret nothing. I got up, and looked around, I noticed Cat's phone lying on my bed. I quickly grabbed it and walked out to my car. As I climbed in I just thought of something. How did Cat get home? I chuckled to myself, that girl's a funny one. I started the engine and drove off.

***10 minutes later***

I got out the car and walked over to Cat's front door. I heard a scream. Holy shit! I quickly ran to the door and tried opening it, it was locked - fuck. I could hear another scream - shit shit shit. I put my hand through the letter box and opened the door. I ran inside and I saw Cat sitting on her knees, crying her eyes out. I quickly rushed over to her and put my arm around her, I looked up and flinched when I saw a woman slouched against a kitchen counter, with a knife right through her chest, and a man - Cat's Dad, lying lifeless in front of Cat. I quickly got Cat's phone, which I was holding, and called the police and ambulance. I heard someone breathing. I looked up and it was Cat's mother. Cat crawled over to her.

***Catholine's POV***

I crawled over to my mother. I dried my eyes.

"W-what happened?" I sobbed.

"I.. I..." Mom took a big breath, "I couldn't... go on... I couldn't... Your Father... it wasn't his... it wasn't his fault..." Mom took another big breath and I just stared at her. I crawled over to my literally black and blue father and rested my head on his chest and cried my eyes out. I could feel an arm go round me. It was Chris again. I moved over to Chris' shoulder and wept there.

"They're dead. I...I'm an orphan.." I cried on his shoulders for what seemed like hours.