Chapter 2

***Catholine's POV***

I woke up to the sound of shouting and banging noises. I got up, feeling pretty cranky 'cause they woke me up with their arguing- yet again, and looked at the time. 'Bloody hell...' I mumbled to myself, 'It's fucking 4 AM!' I decided to go downstairs and shut them up. I slid into my Hello Kitty slippers and headed downstairs.

I ran down the stairs and went into the kitchen to get a drink. I was pretty tired, so I nearly fell over when I quickly stopped myself from stepping on broken glass. I stared at the kitchen. There were smashed plates everywhere and a broken wine bottle, surrounded by a pool of white wine. I was surprised that it wasn't the breaking glass that woke me up. I could still hear Mom and Dad arguing. I sighed and left the Kitchen, heading for the livingroom. I stopped at the door frame, where I saw even more broken glass, but this time it was from a table lamp. I quickly looked up at the livingroom. Dad was lying on the floor in clear agony, saying between breaths, 'I didn't cheat... I swear I wouldn't... That girl was...' He stopped talking for a moment as his body clenched in pain. 'She was a friend, she only kissed me on the cheek...We were friends since high school...She's married with three kids...' I had to hold back my scream when Mum stomped on his ribs. I heard a cracking noise. I felt like I was going to throw up. I ran silently upstairs, hoping this was just a crazy dream, but I knew it wasn't. Things have never been the same since the accident, Dad was always blamed, and now Mum was making him pay. I quickly got in bed and squeezed my eyes shut, hoping it would make sleep come quicker.

***Christopher's POV***

 I was stood by my locker, pretending to listen while a girl went on about how great it would be if I would go to her house party. Yeah yeah, they're all the same. You get there and get bombarded with cheap alcohol that makes your brain go numb, then you wake up in the morning in a pissed girl's bed. I wasn't in the mood for that now. I saw Cat and I grinned, I started walking towards her. As I was walking I looked behind me at the fake blonde I was talking to, gosh, if looks could kill... It made me laugh, realising I just walked away from her while she was in the middle of talking. I approached Cat, she was stood by her locker. She didn't see me. I slammed her locker door shut. 'Do you mind?!' She snapped, not looking.

'No, not really,' I said smugly. Realising it was me, she turned around,

 'Look, I'm sorry. I'm just a bit tired.' She mumbled.

 'Haha, why's that then?' I asked jokingly, with a wink.

 She laughed sarcastically, 'I wouldnt.' she said, frowning. I was going to come up with a sly comment, but she was already walking away from me. Gosh, am I really that bad? I shook my head, I'm not bad at all, I can get anyone! Like that fake blonde I was talking to... I walked to my first class.

***Catholine's POV***

I walked away from Chris, trying to hold back the tears. The scene from last night, or should I say this morning, kept playing back in my head. I didn't even bother to check the kitchen's state this morning, I didn't want to. I didn't notice I was crying until I heard lucy,

'What's wrong, Cat?' she said with that unfamiliar concerned tone.

'Oh, it's nothing, just a bit tired!' I said, quickly wiping away the tears. 

'Cat, you can't fool me, we've been friends since we first started high school, Tell me what's wrong!' 

'I can't!' I cried. I ran away to my next class.

***Lucy's POV***

I looked over at Cat,, who was sitting opposite me in the cafeteria. She's looked depressed all day, even in art, her favourite subject, she just completely blanked everyone out and used depressing colours like red and black. I really don't know what's wrong, but she's really worrying me, I wish she would tell me. 'Catholine,' I said quietly, saying her full first name to get her attention. 

'Yes,' She sighed, looking at me with sad eyes. 

'We need to talk,' I said, calmly. 

'What, now?' 

'Yes, now.'

***Catholine's POV*** 

Lucy took ahold of my hand and lead me outside, by a bench. 

'Sit,' She said, bluntly. I sat on the old wooden bench. 'Look, I know there's something wrong, it's really worrying me, you know you can trust me,' she said, sympathetically. 

'I know, it's just, it's just-' I burst out crying. Oh dear, why do I always make a fool out of myself? 

Lucy gave me a hug, and she didn't bother me about it for the rest of the day.

I opened the front door. I looked at the Kitchen floor, and almost flinched when I saw that it was still covered in broken glass. I walked into the living room. My mother was lying drunk on the sofa. She's a bloody junior school teacher! I started crying, and the sobs woke up my Mum. She sat up, looking tired, 'What's up sweetie?' she said. If only she knew what I saw, but maybe then she would beat me up too. 'Dont talk to me Mum. Never, ever talk to me again!' I said shakily, and ran upstairs.

I had been Lying on my bed for several hours now, ignoring my calls, blanking out everything around me, just thinking. I thought about my Mum and Dad. Was it domestic abuse? It's happened before, but not as bad. Infact, it's happened several times before. I thought back to when everything was okay...

We were all walking happily back to our hotel, when we still had Daniel, my brother, we were 11 at the time. Yep, we were twins. We weren't just twins, we were best friends. We just had an amazing time at the beach. Mum stayed on the sand, tanning her already perfectly tanned legs. She really looked after her appearance, but she was always sensible about it, not ending up looking like an orange barbie. Me, Dad, and Daniel were splashing about in the warm Mediterranean Sea, it was one of the best days of my life. After an hour, we got out and got some ice-cream on the beach. I can remember every detail, even after five years.

I could taste my tears on my lips. I wish we could go back in time and have things the way they were. I could hear the front door open, it must be Dad. I wiped the tears from my face as I ran downstairs to give Dad a hug, like I do every time he comes home from work. I would have been hugging a policeman if I wouldn't have looked up.