Chapter 17 - Lost

(A/N Hello all, it hasn't been too long but it has been a while, this is a bit weird as it's in the middle of my 5 chapters but... anyway just thought I'd say sorry for the slow update etc, I went away, and then had my wisdom teeth out, so have been a little out of it. Trying to keep the updates as quick as possible.) Also, RIP Alan Rickman, you will forever be in our hearts. (Written on the 14 Jan)

Third-Person POV

1st February 1998

It had been long enough, and Tilly decided the other night it was time for her to go back to school before she went looking for the Trio. She assumed they would be resting somewhere for a few months until Hermione healed and Tilly had gotten back to them. Just yesterday, Tilly had received a letter from Neville, asking when she would be returning to school, as he had a message for her, but it wasn't safe to send it through owls. Tilly had left Duke at Hogwarts in the owlery, so if anyone needed to contact her, they could find him without knowing she was staying at Malfoy Manner. Knowing many people, including Harry, would want to know how she is and what happened after the Trio and Dobby left. So, Tilly came up with a story to tell people so they wouldn't find it suspicious that she could send owls and everything.

Now standing at the giant gate of Hogwarts, Tilly takes a deep breath letting the new spring air filter into her lungs. Slowing walking up the steps to the front door, Tilly pushes the heavy doors open, after putting her act on as though everything is alright when really, she is breaking. Minerva had been walking out of the hall at the time and was thrilled to see Tilly running to the girl and engulfing her in a hug.

"Tilly, it's so good to see you." The older woman holds the young one in her arms longer than usual, making Tilly tense a little as she senses the darkness enveloping the castle.

"Minerva, what's been happening since I was last here?" She asks, wanting to know what she is fighting against.

"The Carrow's have become much worse, not even listening to Snape when he tells them to stop. He's lost all control of them since he left suddenly in the late of December." Tilly knew immediately Snape left to help her at the Malfoy's due to Narcissa calling for him. "He's been more on edge since he got back, and I fear he's giving up." The older woman sighs before smiling, "but now you're here, and you seem to always put him in a good mood, so at least you may help a little with him."

"I plan to, as well as dealing with the Carrows. I may not be able to help much, but I can get them to back down a little." Minerva nods at the girl before excusing herself.

Tilly walks around, trying to find anyone, but no one roams the halls. Everything is desilt as if everyone abandoned Hogwarts. As she is about to give up, she hears two people walking towards her. As the two turn, the corner Tilly smiles, running to the ginger girl and round-faced boy. "Hey, guys." She smiles as the two wrap their arms around the girl, thrilled to see her.

"Tilly, it's great to see you, but we have to get to the Gryffindor Common Room now," Ginny says, panicked as she grabs the girls wrist and drags her through the halls with Neville.

"What? Why?"

"Carrows. We just saw them about to start their nightly rounds."

"Nightly rounds? It's not even dinner time."

"Since you left, only Slytherin's have been given the luxury of eating in the dining hall. That includes teachers." When Neville tells Tilly this shocking news, she understands why no one was around, and Minerva seemed so on edge.

"How are you all eating then?"

"Luckily, many Slytherin's seek food in and out when they can, but we're given meals but much less, and it's never that nice," Ginny speaks up as they are only a staircase away from their destination. "Shockingly, Draco is the one who started it. He brings as much food as he can carry and makes multiple trips per house. For some reason, he never gets caught, but when others do, they never seek more food out. Why do you think that is?" Ginny asks, a hint of suspicion in her voice.