Chapter 8 - Choices

Third-Person

7th September 1997

The Trio and Tilly have tried destroying the necklace for the past few days but haven't had any luck. They'd tried almost every spell known to witches and wizards, but nothing seemed to do anything. Tilly watches as Harry fires spell after spell at the wretched thing, getting angrier by the second.

"James, this is useless. We all know one spell we haven't used. Why don't I give it a go?"

"No! Lill, we've been over this; we're not using that spell!" Harry yells, having enough. Tilly sighs, shaking her head.

"Fine. Whatever. I have to go back to Hogwarts to see how everything's going." Tilly goes over to Hermione, handing her a booklet. "If you need to contact me, write in this book." She turns to the two others. "What you write shows up on my book, and vice versa." Hermione nods, giving Tilly a tight hug, while Ron looks dark and gloomy as always, and Harry is still glaring at his sister. "I'll see you guys soon. Hopefully." Taking one last look at her brother and friends, before apparating, at the front of the school.

Tilly quickly and quietly makes her way inside the castle, trying to find any sign of life. Looking around, the courtyard is silent, with no students or teaches anywhere in sight. Turning a corner, she runs into someone, her face hitting their chest. Tilly looks up to find a tall, brown-haired and shy boy in front of her.

"Neville!" Tilly yells quietly, wrapping her arms around the taller boy.

"Hey, Tilly. Long-time no see." Neville jokes, wrapping the girl in a hug. "We can save this for later; quickly come with me." Tilly frowns as Neville drags her by her wrist to the Gryffindor Common Room.

"Nev, what are you doing? And where is everyone?" Tilly asks as the frantic boy pulls her along the gloomy chilled corridors. She doesn't get a response from the boy; only he tells her to be quiet. The two keep running, not seeing the pale, blond boy they pass. But he sees them and knows who the girl is by only a glimpse. His girl. She back. Draco runs off to The Headmaster's office; many times, people have called it Snape's office, but he forbid anyone from uttering it being his office. In Severus's eyes, it will always be Dumbledore's office.

Neville pulls Tilly inside the Common Room and pulls her over to the couch, where many others greet the girl, giving her a quick hug or a wave. "Neville, could you explain to me why you dragged me through the hallways, looking in every direction as if you were scared?"

"I am scared, Tilly. We all are." Neville answered, sitting down and taking off his jumper. Tilly gasps at the sight of the bruise on the boy.

"Do all of you have these?" Tilly looks around the room, as every single head nods, some showing their injuries, others looking to the floor embarrassed. Tilly's lip starts to quiver lightly as the next question falls from her lips. "Was it Snape?" Tilly looks to her friends, knowing they couldn't lie to her about this.

"No, he hasn't laid a hand on anyone, and he tends to stop the beatings if he sees them, but he's normally in The Office."

"The Office?" Tilly asks, confused.

"He refuses to call it his office. Once, he called it Dumbledore's." Ginny says, standing next to Luna.

It's only now that Tilly notices that the room is full of students from all houses, not just Gryffindor. Looking around the room, Tilly spots a boy who she is happy to see.

"Mitchell," Tilly calls to the kid who runs to her, wrapping his arms around her. "You're a Third Year now, right." He nods but then buries his head into her stomach. "You've grown up fast." Tilly mumbles smile down at the boy. Looking back at the crowd of students, she sighs, giving them a brief speech. "I don't know what I can do, but I'll try to help as much as I can." Turning around the room, Tilly watches as faces light up, hearing her words. "The Carrows are nasty people; stay out of their way as much as you can. I can draw most of their fire." Tilly smiles, leaving a smirk on her lips. "Because we all know if there's one person, people like them want to hurt; It's Me." Everyone starts to cheer, happy they have someone to protect them from the dark forces inside the castle.