Chapter Eighty-Two: Happy First Birthday

Calisto (Daddy) POV:

Clara's whole body and face are covered in pink frosting as we sing happy birthday to her. She's smiling ear to ear and giggling like a maniac. I'm pretty sure my little princess has a sugar rush.

We're all settled into our dining room, surrounded by our family and friends as part of Clara's birthday celebration. Even little Oliver is here.

Much to my displeasure.

"Happy birthday, baby!" Grace announces, bending over the back of Clara's highchair to give her a kiss.

There's even pink frosting in Clara's hair. We tried to make her wait to smash the cake until the song was finished, but Clara doesn't care about all of that. She dove in practically head first, grabbing two messy handfuls of cake and shoving them in her mouth.

It's a good thing we stripped her down to only a diaper.

"Nom nom nom!" Clara says, chomping happily on the smash cake Harold made for her.

Everybody turns to me wanting a piece of the real cake. I smile at them, then start cutting pieces off the three tier cake. It's bright pink and over the top. Basically, it's Clara in a nutshell.

"We're going to have to give the both of them baths. Look at our children!" Queen Ava laughs, pointing at Ollie and Clara.

Ollie is sitting in a highchair right next to Clara. Our toddlers are exchanging pieces of cake with each other, completely smearing it all over each other's faces.

Ava's little boy is also in a diaper. He's smiling at Clara like she hung the damn stars. I glare over at him, but stop when Atticus kicks my shin. My glare turns towards him.

"You better stop glaring at that little boy, Cal. He's harmless. They're just friends." Atticus whispers in my ear while maintaing the smile that's on his face.

It's honestly impressive and creepy at the same time.

"Daddy!" Clara suddenly squeals, drawing my attention towards her.

My baby is holding up a handful of cake in offering to me. How could I resist my little girl? Walking towards her, I open my mouth and take one of her tiny fingers in it, pretend nibbling as I eat the icing off her finger.

It's so sweet that it sends a chill down my spine and makes my teeth ache. Clara never has much artificial sugar so I know she's going to be bouncing off the walls pretty soon.

"Can Grammy have a bite, princess?" Arabella asks as she approaches Clara's highchair.

Clara nods and holds out the hand I just licked. Arabella laughs and pretends to take the bite.

"Thank you, princess. That was very good."

Ollie slaps his hands down on the highchair tray. He's probably mad because everybody's attention is on Clara and not on him. Little dude needs to toughen up.

"You better not, Cal." Grace warns in my ear.

"Or what?" I challenge, placing my hands on my hips.

"I'll make you sleep in Clara's room while Dechen and Atticus get booty." Grace replies with a sassy smirk.

My face falls and I about drop down to my knees to beg for forgiveness.

"Sorry." I mutter.

My face feels bright red and I can tell people are wondering what Grace and I are whispering about. Nevertheless, I put my smile back on my face and watch as Clara offers her icing covered fingers to everybody for a bite.