Chapter Twenty-Six: Back Home

Grace (Mama) POV:

The hour we spent without Clara, was the worst of our lives. We begged the guards to bring us back to Clara, but they only pushed us into our car and told us not to come back. We sat parked down the road until we got a phone call from the King. He told us to come back.

Currently, I'm sitting on our airplane with Clara clinging to me. She hasn't let go of me since we left The Royal Palace. She wouldn't even let me put her in her car seat. I held her the whole way to the airport.

"Is she going to be okay?" Calisto asks.

"To be honest, I don't know. She's pretty shaken up. I don't know how this is going to effect our progress with her." Dechen chimes in.

I ignore their conversation and just continue to rock Clara. She has a bump on the front of her her head from flinging herself against the wall. I'll have to ice it soon. I bend down and place a kiss on the top of Clara's head.

"I'm sorry, baby. Mommy's so sorry. I'll never let them touch you again. We're going home and you can sleep in Mommy and Daddies bed. Your Daddies and I love you so much." I whisper into her hair.

"Why don't you go lay down with her in the bed? It'll be a little bit before we land. I can lay down with you if you want?" Atticus asks.

"Yeah, you can come." I sniffle, wiping my nose. I don't think I've officially stopped crying yet.

Atticus and I walk into the little airplane bedroom, and Atticus pulls down the heavy blanket. He takes off his shirt, throwing it on the floor, and holds his arms out for Clara. "Come to Papa. I want some famous Clara cuddles."

Clara finally lifts her head off my chest and looks at Atticus. She stretches her arms out and he takes her. I don't know how I got so lucky with my husbands, but all of them are good Dads. Clara clearly adores them. I couldn't be more blessed.

We finally lay down and Atticus places Clara on top of his chest. She curls up with her legs tucked under her, with her little thumb in her mouth. She has her head turned towards me so I can see her eyelashes flutter as she dreams.

I reach my arm out and gently stroke her face with the back of my finger. My perfect princess. I feel Atticus gently pull me closer, and kiss the top of my head. "She's going to be okay." He whispers.

"I hope so." I respond.

Atticus (Papa) POV:

I have the two people I love the most cuddled up to me and asleep, yet I still can't close my eyes. I'm afraid that the King and Queen are going to take Clara from me. I wouldn't be able to survive without my little girl. She's only been with us for a short amount of time, but she's changed our lives for the better.

I lean down and inhale Clara's soft baby scent and gently pat her diapered bum. Clara burrows her little body closer to my naked chest, and let's out a content hum. She's so adorable, she has me wrapped around her little finger.

I finally start to feel drowsy and decide to close my eyes. Hopefully, by the time they open we'll be home.

Clara POV:

I wake up on top of Papa's chest. I'm thirsty and Mama's laying down beside Papa. I wiggle my way in between Mama and Papa and pull up Mommy's shirt. Her boobies come into view and I latch on and begin to suck. While I drink, I absentmindedly play with her other nipple.

"What's she doing?" I hear Papa whisper.

"She does that sometimes. A lot of newborn's and baby's do it while they nurse. Apparently, baby's do it when they're focusing on nursing or want to nurse for longer. It also makes me produce a hormone in which, I'll produce more milk. I usually just let her do it." Mama whispers back to Papa.

"She's really going to town. What does that feel like?"

"At the beginning, it was painful. Especially because she still had her teeth. Now, I'm used to it so the pain is dulled. Sometimes when she sucks a little too hard, it can cause pain. Mainly, I just feel her tongue and her lips."

"Well, she needs to get up off your boob because the planes about to land. We have to go buckle up." Papa stands up and says.

"Okay." Mama tries to pull me off her boobie but I don't want to stop!

"Come on, Clara. We need to go buckle up. As soon as we're buckled I'll give you more, I promise."

"Nu! Pease mwore." I start to cry.

Mommy doesn't say anything else, she just picks me up, leaves the room, and sits me down facing her, with my legs on either side of her lap. I feel a buckle click behind me, then Mommy lifts her shirt, allowing me to drink again.

"The public are about to see us looking rough." Daddy says.

"What do you mean?" Dada gruffly says.

"Clara's hair is wild, Grace and Atticus are in pajamas, Dechen and I are in wrinkled suits, and Clara won't stop nursing. They're going to think we're a train wreck." Daddy sighs.

"Then we don't make a big deal about it. We were supposed to be in Xeoph for a week, but it didn't work out. I'm sure there's rumors flying around already about why we returned home early. All we can do is put up a good image." Papa says.

I look up and see Mama staring down at me. I reach up and grab a piece of her hair. It's soft and smells like berries. I'm so distracted by Mama, that I don't feel the plane land.

"Come on, baby. Mommy's boobies are almost empty. You can have some more when we get home. We gotta get you in your seat!" Mommy says.

Mommy pulls me off her boobie and puts a paci in my mouth. She unbuckles us, and moves towards the bedroom. "I'm going to change her diaper real quick." She tells Daddies.

Mommy lays me on the bed and strips off my old diapee. She makes a weird face and digs through my diaper bag. "Oh no." Mommy says.

"Do you guys know where the rash cream went? Clara has a big rash." Mommy yells out the door.

All my Daddies come into the room and Daddy goes through my diaper bag. He turns it upside down so everything falls out onto the bed. "Nope, we'll have to treat it when we get home."

"Fu-crap." Mama says.

Mama grabs a wipe and starts to wipe my peepee. It's then I realize that my peepee burns! I wiggle around so I'm on my stomach and try to crawl away. "Nu! Owie!" I start to cry.

"I'm sorry, princess. I have to wipe you down. It'll get worse if I don't."

Mommy turns me back over and tries wiping me again. I wiggle and squirm but she eventually wipes, powders, and places me in a new diapee. Mommy ties to place my paci back in my mouth that fell out while I was crying, but I just spit it back out.

She sighs and lifts me up, walking out of the bedroom, and places me in my car seat. My diapee rubs on my sore bum and causes me to scream in pain. Daddy rocks my seat back and fourth but it doesn't help.

"Out. Pease!" I beg.

"We'll have to do a milk bath when we get home." Papa says over my screaming.

"Let's get going." Daddy sighs.