Chapter Sixty-One: Pranks With Papa

(Chapter idea inspired by NerdyKing22 and Amackachicka07 Thank you for the chapter idea!)

Atticus (Papa) POV:

A few days ago I was researching some pranks I could pull on my family. Everybody's morale is low since the attempted kidnapping, so I decided to boost everybody's mood by using Clara to pull off some pranks. The hard part is finding a way around Grace.

She's always hovering over Clara, barely letting her out of arms reach since the shooting. I had to think of a plan to get her away from Clara for a couple hours.

Sure, asking her to give me some time with the baby is easy, but then she'll check on me every twenty minutes. I need more time than that. Lucky for me, Dechen decided to help. He doesn't know what I need the baby for, all he knows is that I want alone time with the baby.

Our plan is that he'll somehow create a distraction and Grace will give me the baby while she goes to help Dechen. It's solid and hopefully, Grace won't question anything. "Okay, bro. Go distract Grace so I can steal the baby." I tell him.

We're hiding out in our room and Grace is in the nursery. "You're making it sound like kidnapping. You can't kidnap your own kid, Att."

"Uh, yes you can. Back in the old earth days, parents used to kidnap their own kids all the time." I correct with a roll of my eyes.

"We don't live in old earth days, though. So therefore, you are wrong." Dechen comments as he grips the door handle.

I flip him the bird and he smirks at me. "Just go distract Grace." I grit out.

"And do tell, why am I distracting her?" Dechen is really starting to get on my nerves now.

Instead of answering him, I place both my hands on his back and push. "Just do what I tell you, and I'll let you do that thing you like with the you know what." I whisper in his ear.

Dechen's whole body shudders and then he's out the door to do my bidding. He shuts it behind him and I move to the bed to sit down. This shouldn't take long but I need to act casual. I can't have Grace thinking I'm up to no good.

Five minutes go by and the door to the bedroom swings open. Grace strides in with my princess in her arms. "Can you watch the baby for a second? Dechen needs me to help him with something?" Grace asks as she plops the baby down on my lap.

"Yeah, I got her. What does Dechen need you for?" It's honest curiosity. I have no idea what Dechen asked of her.

Grace's cheeks turn red and she gives me a pointed stare. Oh! Naughty time. Well, that's a good enough reason to leave Clara with me. "Have fun." I tell the both of them.

Grace and Dechen leave the room and I look down at Clara. She's wearing a matching pair of pink and white, polka dotted sweatpants and sweatshirt. There's a bib around her neck so her sweater doesn't get ruined with drool. "You ready to pull some pranks with Papa?" I ask her.

"Papa an' Cwara du pwank?" My little girl asks.

I nod my head and pick her up, moving to the bathroom. The first prank I have planned is pretty simple; hair dye in Dechen's shampoo. "We're going to put this stuff," I pause and pull out a packet of hair dye from my pocket then continue, "In Dada's shampoo."

Clara's eyes widen and then she claps her hands, giggling a little bit. Placing Clara on the bathroom floor, I open the glass shower door, and pull out Dechen's shampoo. Clara watches with large, curious eyes.