Chapter Sixty-Six: Daddies Dads

(Chapter idea inspired by @livclare14 Thank you for the chapter suggestion! Feel free to leave more suggestions in the comments!)

Calisto (Daddy) POV:

I pace around our front foyer nervously while twiddling my thumbs. All our fathers are coming to meet Clara today. They've been begging to meet her and we've just been so busy that we didn't have the time. Yes, we could've crammed a visit in, but it wouldn't have been meaningful.

My father and I have a tenuous relationship. We've always butted heads and we very rarely talk. He wanted more from me than I was able to achieve. In his eyes, becoming President wasn't enough. I'm never enough.

I probably shouldn't let him around my baby, but he's been begging and I've decided to give him a chance to prove himself worthy. As long as he's respectful of me in my own house, there shouldn't be a problem.

But if I get one word that he's hurting or being mean to Clara, he's out of here and he can stay out.

"Babe, calm down. Everything's going to be okay." Grace says after I walk by her for the twentieth time. Grace's comment makes me pause and turn towards her

Bringing my thumb nail up to my mouth, I bite on the already bloodied cuticle. It's disgusting but my father always brings out the worst in me. "I know. I'm just nervous." I reply flippantly while returning to my pacing.

Grace sighs, rolls her eyes, then passes me my baby. "Hai Daddy!" Clara exclaims while pulling on my bottom lip.

Her little fingernails dig into my mouth, causing me to wince. "Hey, princess. Can you let go of Daddy's lip please?" I mumble out.

"Nu, Dada. Chu pwoutin so 'iss Cwara's 'ow." She states proudly while smiling up at me.

We've told Clara multiple times that if she pouts, somebody's going to take her bottom lip away and keep it for themselves. Now, whenever one of us pout Clara tries to 'take' our bottom lips. It's hilarious and painful at the same time. 

"Daddy's not pouting anymore so can I have my lip back?" Clara shakes her head and smiles a toothy smile up at me.

Clara only has a few teeth now but it's enough. She still drools like there's no tomorrow, but I'm glad she can have solids again. "Babygirl, give Daddy his lip back." Grace suddenly chimes in, her voice stern.

My baby's hand automatically leaves my lip and then ironically she starts to pout herself. "Don't pout, princess. You're going to meet your Granddaddies soon!" I exclaim while bouncing her in my arms.

I really try to sound excited, but seeing my father isn't something I hold my breath for.

Neil suddenly walks into our foyer and heads in my direction. Once he reaches my side he says, "Sir, your fathers are here. Atticus's father brought his wife, though. Should I let her in too? She didn't go through the vetting process."

"It's fine. Let her in along with our fathers." With that said, Neil nods his head then leaves the room.

Not even five minutes later, our fathers enter the room. They completely ignore their sons and head straight towards the baby.

Dechen's father is a beautiful, tall man with mocha colored skin. His hair is a stark black color and is tightly coiled to his head. His features almost resemble Dechen to a T. The only difference is their eyes.

Dechen's eyes are a dark brown color but his fathers are a striking gray. It's a rare combination and looks amazing against his skin.

Atticus's parents are both pale, to the point of almost looking sickly. His father has the same blonde hair as him but his mother has brown hair. They both have Atticus's blue eyes but he has his fathers features.