Chapter Thirty-Six: Indoor Park

Dechen (Dada) POV:

Laying in bed surrounded by my family feels amazing, there's only one thing missing, and that's Clara. She finally slept in her own bed last night. I have no idea how Grace managed that but I'm happy nevertheless. Leaning down, I kiss the soft skin on Grace's lips and smile. It's been so long since we've had adult time.

"I'm surprised Clara's still asleep." Grace speaks before she stretches.

"I know, she's usually awake by now. I was thinking of taking her to the indoor play yard today while Calisto works." I say nonchalantly.

"That sounds fun. Make sure to take some pictures and videos for me." Calisto says, getting out of bed.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Grace tries to grab his arm but he backs away.

"I got to get in the shower, babe. I have work to do." He sighs.

"Fine, check on Clara while you're up. Just don't wake her." Grace replies.

"Okay." I watch as Calisto walks out of the room. He leaves the door open so I can see him peeking in on Clara. Turning around, he gives us a thumbs up, before moving into the bathroom and closing the door.

"My baby needs to wake up soon, if she doesn't she'll never nap." Grace sits up and gives Atticus and I a quick kiss before getting out of bed.

"Where are you going?" Atticus asks.

"To get out baby and bring her in here." She smiles before skipping out of the room.

"She literally just told Calisto not to wake her up." I say while looking towards Atticus.

All he does is shrug his shoulders and roll his eyes. I hear rustling sounds come from the baby monitor and laugh. Clara hates being woken up and I can already hear the whining. Not even a few seconds later, Grace walks back into the room with Clara sleeping in her arms.

"Why did you get her after telling Calisto to not wake her up? I inquire.

"I missed my baby and wanted to be the one to wake her up." She shrugs her shoulders and sits down.

"Let me see the little monster." I stretch my arms out towards Clara and Grace puts her in my arms.

Clara automatically curls into my warmth and sucks her pacifier harder. Her little hands tucked under her head and her legs curled up to her chest. She's so adorable, I never knew such a little thing could turn me into putty.

Leaning down, I kiss the soft skin on her cheek. She lets out a whine and sleepily tries to push my face away from hers. "Nu, gu 'way Dada." Clara whines.

I let out a soft laugh and with one final kiss on her cheek, sit up. "Claraaa, do you want to wake up and go to the park?" I ask.

Clara just stretches and wiggles a little bit before answering, "Nu, seep."

"Let her sleep for a little bit longer." Grace says.

I set Clara in the middle of the bed and lay next to her. We stay like this for a while until Calisto comes out of the bathroom. He quickly gets dressed and climbs up the foot of the bed to give Grace and Clara a kiss. What happens next is the sole reason I think Calisto is Claras favorite.

As soon as Calisto kisses Clara's cheek, she opens her eyes and smiles. "Hi, Daddy!" She whisper yells.

"Hi my beautiful princess. Did you have a good sleep?" He ruffles her messy hair.

"Yesth!" She wiggles and sits up, wrapping her chubby arms around her Daddy's neck.

"Thank you for the hug, princess. Daddy has to go to work now. I love you." He peppers her face with kisses before getting off the bed. Giving Grace a quick kiss, he leaves the room.

The Last Humans (Age-Regression)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें