chapter 9

Octavia was merely ignored by Regulus Black after their 'heated discussion' in the dungeons. They were already arguing and they weren't even married yet. Married life would be really like a nightmare no doubt.

The girl was obviously joking when she said she would start studying by June. She started at the end of May and had about two weeks to try and memorize everything she had seen in a whole year. Lilah, Jaden, Zephyr and her were meeting together in the library during their free time. Zephyr was the most serious of them all when it came to studying. The boy had the aspiration of being an Auror, which wasn't to please Jaden at all since he was about to become a Death Eater. But like Zephyr always said, they would stay friends no matter what.

As expected for Octavia, the O.W.L.s exams were fine.

"It wasn't that hard," she chuckled on the last day.

"You have the audacity..." muttered Ivanna, coming to her, looking exhausted.

"Poor Ivanna, you almost left your soul in there," laughed Jaden, placing a friendly hand on her shoulder.

"She's an even worse student than me," said Octavia.

"But now we're on holidays, cheer up," told her Lilah, shaking her cousin and hoping life would come back to her.

It was indeed the holidays, realized Octavia. The holidays, again. It could never be worse than her last holidays that had been completely ruined when her engagement with Regulus Black had been announced.

"Jaden, we'll see you in August," said Lilah to the boy.

"Say hello to your sister from us," added Octavia.

"She invited us in her husband's family, I'll send you guys photos of the Louisiana coast, I bet you've never seen the beach," he told them, earning excited reactions from the others.

A few days later, Octavia was already back home. And the first thing she did was sending a letter to her boyfriend, whom she missed already. It would always be difficult to meet him during the holidays, especially since her parents were so strict, never giving her an ounce of freedom.

Barely two weeks at home and her mother announced her they would get guests the next day. It was already exhausting the poor girl.

"We're going to your father's family with Felix tomorrow, we'll be back before six to welcome the guests, make sure you're ready," hissed at her her mother, Gabrielle. Octavia noted how she once again said 'father's family' even though it was also her family but she would rather stay detached from the Rosier. Just like the girl wanted to stay detached from the Blacks, her mother seemed to understand her but would still force her into doing what she hated.

Octavia hid her happiness upon hearing this. It would be a great opportunity to have Max come home. Evan would probably go out in the afternoon to enjoy the summer weather with his Slytherin friends maybe.

The next day, at 2pm, nobody was left in the Rosier manner, only for Octavia and the family's house elf. The girl put on her favorite swimsuit and got her hair up in a ponytail, getting ready to laze around under the sun with her boyfriend who was just about to arrive.

"Octavia? Are you there?" said a voice from downstairs, making her run down to the first floor where she greeted her boyfriend with a tight embrace. The boy looked very content to see her from what she noticed and it made her smile.

"So tell me, what time should I leave? Just to be sure."

"Before 5 if possible. The party starts at 6," she told him, leading the older boy outside by his hand.

The residence was huge, the Rosiers were far from being poor. Max who lived in a modest house with his siblings and parents was always surprised to discover the big garden behind the house.