chapter 5

"Why didn't you wake me up!" shout Octavia to Lilah once the students were out of class.

"I tried but you wouldn't wake up," said shrugging the girl.

"No, you're lying."

"I swear she isn't, I was here to witness," intervened Peony Shafiq, their other roommate, a beautiful girl with brown skin and an emerald green hijab on her head as to showcase her pride as a Slytherin.

"Next time don't go to sleep too late," scolded her Lilah. "What were you even doing?"

"I met Evan in the common room and we chatted for a while. That git's always with the sixth-years so for once I enjoyed his company. I even promised him to find him a better fiancée."

"You did that? Find someone for yourself before!" laughed Ivanna.

Octavia glanced at Ivanna for a second before replying, "I don't want to marry anyone so I can use my time helping my brother."

This lie made Lilah smile faintly. That was the only acceptable answer as she couldn't talk openly about her couple with the blood-traitor Gryffindor Maximilian Weasley. She was used to this by now.

Later that day, when Lilah and Octavia were finally alone together, the blonde girl asked this question after a moment of silence, showing she had been thinking about it.

"Do you think I'll ever get the chance to marry Fabian?"

The ginger-haired girl stared at her friend while they were walking. The girl was looking down at the floor, a look of deep reflection on her face and probably sadness in her eyes.

"I don't know. We can't know. I hope for you," she told her as she was met with silence.

"Hm... No need to ask you if you will ever marry Max. Even if you could, you wouldn't," she chuckled and Octavia did the same.

"You're right. At least he knows it. Marriage doesn't mean anything to me."

And her thoughts went back to Regulus Black once again.

A few weeks later, began one of the last Quidditch matches of the year. Slytherin vs Gryffindor. Octavia had no real affection for her house, she could have fun and support Slytherin if her fellow Slytherins were interesting and had a good competitive spirit but it wasn't the case. All Slytherins, players and supporters were brutal and cheaters. And Octavia didn't want to be part of them. She hated this side of her house. Happily her boyfriend as well as Lilah's boyfriend were both part of the Gryffindor team which she would support. Usually she would get interested in Slytherin only because her friend Zephyr was one of the chasers but he happened to be feeling ill the morning of the match.

And that morning, Jaden, Lilah and Octavia were all surrounding the boy who was seemingly agonizing in his bed. Lilah was poking his cheek with her index, an amused smile on her face.

"Stop annoying me you fuckers. Get out," he groaned, covering his head with his blanket.

He made the others laugh by this.

"I'm pretty sure you're faking it," snarled Jaden

"Yeah poor baby," laughed Octavia.

"I'm not like you jerks!" exclaimed Zephyr while getting his head out to cough on his friends.

"Go back under this dickhead!" muttered the other boy while covering his head again.

They finally left for breakfast after this, not wishing to catch his cold, which seemed like a really bad cold.

They ate quickly as they were already late for the match. They would probably get a hard time finding seats. The three of them had decided to watch the match by the Gryffindor side, where Max and Fabian's friends were. They knew them pretty well.