chapter 8

Couple dates had been planned at Hogsmeade. Octavia and Maximilian, accompanied by Lilah and Fabian. They visited most of the shops, even though they've done this a hundred times already but for some reasons, Octavia and Lilah always found something to buy, much to their boyfriends' despair.

The little group exited from Honeydukes with two bags each, and their mouths full. Octavia was munching onto her licorice wand when she entered the Three Broomsticks. Her blue eyes looked for her younger sibling which she spotted at a table surrounded by his older teammates. She waved at him when he looked at her, and before he could do anything, Zephyr by his side took his hand waved it for him while laughing at the boy's embarrassed face.

"You're such an annoying big sister," sighed Lilah behind her.

"I don't care at all," laughed Octavia as she walked to a table. "Max, I'm not that annoying right?"

"Hm... yes?" only replied the boy which earned him a slap on the arm while the two others cackled stupidly.

They asked for butterbeers before finding an empty table to sit, not too far from the other Slytherins, but rather well hidden as it was better for the two Slytherins not to be seen with two Gryffindors. Octavia was sitting by Max's side and Lilah and Fabian were facing them.

"So, Octavia, you've not planned on studying yet I guess?" said Fabian, in slightly teasing tone.

"Don't start with this. Evan asked about this yesterday too!" grunted the girl.

"I guess, it's a no," he laughed.

"I'll pass anyway. I got good grades at my last essays, right Lilah?"

She tried muffling her laugh as she replied, "Disappointing in Transfiguration... that's what you call good?"

"It was only once!"

"And in Herbology..."

All three of them were laughing stupidly while she was fuming by their side.

"Stop making fun of me," mumbled the girl as she drank her beverage.

They drank and talked for a while and when they finished their drinks, the blonde girl and her boyfriend got up to ask for more, leaving Octavia and Max alone together.

"You're hanging out with me tonight?" asked the boy, getting his face closer to hers, placing a kiss on her cheek, going to her jaw and neck.

"Don't do this here. There are people around..." she told him, slightly afraid people might see this.

"I didn't know you disliked PDA..."

"No but not here. You know..." she sighed, trying to convince him and at the same time not wanting to.

Unconsciously she looked up as the boy kept on clinging to her and kissing her cheek and neck and her gaze crossed another pair of eyes by the other side of the room. It was Regulus Black' cold grey eyes which he averted immediately, Octavia doing the same.

"Tell me you'll come. Please."

"Yes, I will. You know I will," she quickly answered and he let go of her, sending his girlfriend a smile.

After dinner Octavia met Max outside the Great Hall. When he said he wanted to hang out, he obviously meant just lazing around in his common room for the evening. They would monopolize one of the couch, with his friends around and nobody would care about her or even notice her and it was perfect for her.

"Octavia's here again tonight, that's great," said James Potter when he took notice of her when she entered.

"Yeah, great thing to have you among us," added Sirius Black.