chapter 3

Octavia was back to her routine. Just going to class and spending time with her friends and boyfriend. Especially spending time with her friends and boyfriend. She hated school. She wasn't good and wasn't bad neither, just an average student. She would often be scolded by her parents for not working harder. But why would it matter anyway, it wasn't like she was promised for a great career.

In the end, the announcement of her engagement with Regulus Black hadn't shaken her up too much, she had even forgotten and was just ignoring him now. Like before. And fortunately, he had stopped spying on her.

On that Monday morning, Octavia was currently lying on her table, trying to keep her eyes open in order to read her Potions book. The past night, the girl, Lilah, as well as their two roommates, Ivanna and Peony, stayed up late talking after their two-weeks-holidays. Octavia was brought out of her reverie when Lilah by her side elbowed her to awake her.

"Look who's coming," she whispered, diverting her gaze from her cauldron to look at their teacher walking around the classroom and distributing some letters they already knew about.

The ginger-haired girl looked up and groaned in annoyance.

"Not already..."

Professor Slughorn approached them and Octavia straightened up and feigned concentration on her potion.

"Miss Yaxley, Miss Rosier, here this for you. I'm counting on you," said the teacher, before eyeing suspiciously Octavia's potion which was barely started. He didn't comment on it and moved on to another person.

"It's already this Saturday," told her Lilah, reading her invitation.

"I might not come this time. I won't miss anything anyway," answered her friend while letting out an exasperated sigh.

"You're kidding right? You'll miss all the fun!" said a voice from behind, making her jump in surprise.

She turned around and faced Jaden, holding his own invitation in his hand. He was adorning a big smirk that made her fume even more.

"Come on, don't leave us there. Let's go all together it'll be more bearable," added Zephyr.

Zephyr, Octavia and Lilah being from the famous Selwyn, Rosier and Yaxley families were obviously invited. As for Jaden, Slughorn simply adored him for having the 'eccentricity' of being American.

"I guess I don't have a choice then," grunted Octavia, feeling resigned and her friend by her side laughed.

She decided to focus on her work afterwards, trying to forget what a boring evening would be that Saturday knowing she could be with her boyfriend instead. She met him after after that class.

"You don't look very happy. First period was rough?" chuckled Max, as he bent forwards to kiss her.

"Hmm... I got an invitation for Slug Club," she muttered.

"Sucks. I'll be waiting for you after if you want."

"Okay. It's better than nothing," she answered, shrugging.

The week passed in a second and it was already Saturday. Octavia was feeling so drained of energy as she looked through her closet for a fancy dress. She retrieved a night blue dress that would be perfect for the event.

"Have you girls found a dress?" asked Octavia as she looked at her roommates, mainly addressing her words to Ivanna Flint and Lilah. Ivanna was obviously part of this dinner as Slughorn loved the Flints as well. Peony Azhar didn't seem to be so interesting to Slughorn but from what she said, her family is quite prestigious in her country.