𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO:MONSTERS?

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO:
MONSTERS?

LILIANNA STARK SAT THERE WITH a small frown on her face. Her eyebrows were furrowed in worry and her thoughts were running at a thousand miles per hour. So much had happened to her in the past couple of days. Much of which she hadn't had any control over. She had been so busy trying to figure out how to be a vampire that she completely forgot that she had an older brother that was probably worried sick about her.

She sat in one of the chairs that was in the lobby of the school, staring off into space and not even noticing Landon stopping and turning to look at her. The curly headed boy had a frown on his face, glancing around to see if maybe Hope was near by seeing as the two hadn't been seen without the other since Lilianna had arrived. But when he realized it was just the vampire huntress, he decided to approach her, stuffing his hands into his pockets and awkwardly making his way over to her and making sure that she was alright.

     "Lilianna?" Landon spoke up, but Lilianna didn't answer. For a moment he thought that he had her name wrong, pausing and furrowing his eyebrows in order to find out if he was saying it right. He even silently pronounced it to himself before realizing he looked stupid and just spoke her name again, hoping she had simply just not heard him. "Uh, Lilianna?" He cleared his throat, watching as Lilianna blink and turned to look at him. He offered her a small unsure smile. "Hey, uh, are you alright? You look a little out of it. And you're sitting here, alone, without Hope."

     Lilianna hummed, turning her head to look at him before nodding her head towards the couch beside of her. He glanced at her before looking at the couch and then carefully sat down. The two had never had a real conversation before. But she did know that he had convinced Hope to stay and wait for her at the dance, so she was glad to finally have the chance to talk to him. "I just have a lot on my mind, that's all. I haven't checked in with my family since I got here and I'm just wondering if they're worried about me."

     "Why wouldn't they be?" Landon frowned.

     A sad smile fell on her lips as she looked at the boy. "Landon Kirby, isn't it?" He nodded his head. "Well, Landon, I come from a family of strict parents. Or rather, a strict mother. Whom of which didn't give a shit about me or my brother as long as we took our missions and completed them, bringing back home proof that we have killed yet another supernatural being. I don't care about her. I care about my brother. I can't even imagine the worry that he's feeling."

     "Well, why don't you just call him?"

     "I'm a hunter, Landon. I'm a hunter that was turned into a vampire." She waited for a moment, watching as it suddenly clicked in the boy's head and his mouth formed into an 'o' and she simply nodded. "Yeah. If my mother finds out what I've become, she'll hunt me down herself and try to kill me. But I don't know about Grayson. However, what I do know is that I can't go home. Ever. I'm going to be stuck in this place the rest of my eternal life. Unless someone drive's a stake through my heart."

     "Which won't happen." Landon assured. "Especially not with Hope around. Or her super squad."

      "You know, I still don't know what that is." Lilianna told him. "Care to enlighten me?"

     "Uh, y-yeah, sure." Landon nodded. "It's basically a small group that goes after the monsters that appear in or near town."

     Lilianna cocked her head slightly. "Monsters? What kind of monsters?"

     "I'm sure if you think of any mythical creature ever they've fought it."

     "Dragon?"

     "Fought it."

     "Medusa?"

     "Yup."

     "Phoenix?"

     "You're looking at one."

     "Huh." Lilianna nodded her head, slightly impressed. She narrowed her eyes for a moment. "Unicorn?"

     "Plus the evil slug demon things."

     "Jesus." She ran a hand through her dark locks. "Well, I guess you learn something new every day."

     "Well, I better go." Landon stood up, turning to look at her once more. "Are you sure you're alright?"

     Lilianna gave him a smile, a real smile as she nodded. "I've never been better." Landon smiled back as he nodded before walking away, leaving Lilianna to sit there alone. She wished that her brother was here with her. She wished she could go home and hug him, tell him that she was alright. But would it be better to keep him in the dark, not let him know that she was alright? She was just trying to protect him. But she was trying to protect herself too.

     The sound of footsteps grabbed her attention. She looked up, a smile gracing her lips when she saw Hope making her way over towards her, a blood bag in hand along with a cup of tea. Lilianna chuckled. "Tea and blood, such a healthy breakfast." She accepted the blood bag whilst Hope kept the tea for herself.

     "It's mid afternoon. So, brunch." Hope corrected her. Lilianna chuckled before drinking the blood and closing her eyes in satisfaction. She hated that this is what she had come to, but she knew that Hope wouldn't let her kill herself like she was originally supposed to do. When they were both finished with their drink's, Lilianna stood up, holding out her hand.

     "Come on." Lilianna softly smiled. "I want to go for a walk."

     "Around campus?"

     "If we have to." Lilianna shrugged. "But I wouldn't mind visiting the woods, get a change of scenery. I was hoping you'd join me for the adventure?"

     Hope smiled, placing her hand into Lilianna's and allowing the Stark girl to pull her up. "Of course."

They made their way to the woods, Lilianna talking animatedly about how she used to love exploring the woods when she was a little girl. It was her escape place whenever her family was getting on her nerves. All Hope could do was smile and watch as she talked about the happier times. However, they were both quick to stop when the sound of a heartbeat filled both of their ears. The two exchanged a look before quickly turning around only for Lilianna to freeze in her place, a frown falling on her lips as the air left her lungs.

     "Mom?"