𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWELVE:I CAN PROTECT MYSELF

CHAPTER TWELVE:
I CAN PROTECT MYSELF

THEY KNEW WHAT WAS GOING to happen as soon as the mysterious girl woke up, the desire for blood was going to take over her system, and they knew that she was going to have to feed on someone in order to survive. So when Hope offered to feed the girl just a little of her blood, Alaric and his two twin daughters were quick to yell at her in denial. The group of four stood there, eyeing the dead girl for a few moments before turning to look back at one another.

     "Why is she taking so long to wake up?" Lizzie scoffed, rolling her eyes in annoyance. They had been standing there for hours, and Lilianna had yet to wake up. Hope couldn't help but start to feel worried that she wasn't going to wake up. But she shook that thought off and glared dangerously at Lizzie. Hope didn't understand why she was so protective of this stranger, of this girl that she knew not a single damn thing about. She didn't even know her name, and yet that pull that she felt towards her made her straighten her shoulders.

     "No one asked you to be here, Lizzie." Hope replied.

That's when a groan fell from her lips, stirring as she slowly regained consciousness. The four stopped moving, and that's when the three witches forced for Alaric to leave the room just in case she woke up and decided to lunge. He was purely human, but the other three had the powers to keep her right there where she laid. The three patiently waited, staying on guard in case the girl wanted to lunge. Lilianna slowly blinked, a frown pulling on her lips as she looked at the unfamiliar surrounding.

Her throat suddenly felt dry. Several sounds filled her ears at once making her hands cover her ears in pain. But that's when she smelled it―︎when she heard it. The sound of blood pumping through someone's veins, and the burning got worse and the desire and hunger grew. Fangs were wanting to poke through her gums, and suddenly horror fell over her face. She sat up in a quick motion, stopping once she saw three girl's standing there, holding out their hands in case she was to attack. It took her a moment before she realized she knew one of them.

     "Hope Mikaelson." A growl fell her lips. Hope glanced towards Lizzie and Josie, giving them a small nod to let her know that she had it handled, to stay outside just in case she something happened. Lilianna watched the twins leave the room before her eyes snapped back towards Hope. In a quick flash she had her bow and arrow in her hands, aiming at Hope. "What happened to me? What did you do to me?"

     Hope kept her distance, holding her hands up. "What's your name?"

      "None of your goddamn business." Lilianna hissed. "You're my mission, that's all that matters. I'm supposed to kill you. So how the hell are you still alive, and why can I hear everything around me?"

     "If you want to kill me, do it." Hope simply told her, nodding towards the bow and arrow that she still held dangerously tight in her hands. "Take your chance. I won't stop you. But that doesn't change what happened to you. And I'm sorry that I wasn't there to protect you."

     "Protect me?" Lilianna's jaw clenched. "I don't need your protection. I can protect myself." Lilianna swallowed thickly as she felt the hunger start to rise, the desire to sink her teeth into the Mikaelson's neck taking over. Hope watched the veins appear underneath her eyes, fangs replacing her teeth.

     "Lizzie!" Hope called for the blonde, and Lizzie was quick to open the door, giving Hope the blood bag that they had grabbed from the kitchens. Even though to was animal blood, they were hoping it would tide her over and keep her calm. She waited for Lizzie to leave before tossing the blood bag to Lilianna who quickly caught it. She didn't hesitate, sinking her teeth into the plastic and allowing the blood to flow down her throat. Not even a minute later it was completely empty.

      Lilianna was quick to drop the bag in horror, taking a step back as the veins and fangs disappeared. Tears filled her eyes as she looked at Hope, her hands shaking. "What am I?"

     Hope knew that Lilianna knew exactly what she was, but she also knew that Lilianna was a hunter. She was the exact thing that she hunted. "I think you know." She watched Lilianna shake her head in denial. "It was a rogue vampire, one that we didn't know was even there. If we had, we would've dealt with him. But he snuck up on you and attacked you, fed on you, and well. . . killed you. And now―︎"

     "You're lying." Lilianna whispered. "I can't be a. . . a vampire." She was panicking. Because she knew what came next. She pursed her lips, shaking her head for a moment before she looked around. Spotting a wooden chair placed in the corner of the room, Lilianna was quick to make her way over towards it, breaking off one of the legs so that she had a stake her in hand. Hope looked at her with wide eyes, furrowing her eyebrows.

     "What are you doing?" Hope was quick to question her.

     "What every hunter has to do when something like this happens. . . what my dad had to do." She whispered the last part and before Hope could stop her, she was shoving the wooden stake towards her chest.

" She whispered the last part and before Hope could stop her, she was shoving the wooden stake towards her chest