𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER ELEVEN:I DON'T KNOW

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
I DON'T KNOW

WHEN HOPE ENTERED THE SCHOOL, she was pleasantly surprised to find that the halls were quiet and that most of the children were asleep. She didn't need for someone to question on her on what happened and if she had been the one to kill the poor girl that lay temporarily dead within her arms. She walked up the steps, making her way towards her room and muttering a silent incantation in order to make her door fly open. She entered her room, closing the door behind her and laying the unknown girl carefully on her bed.

Hope stood there for a few moments, placing her hands on her hips as she bit the inside of her cheek, trying to decide whether or not she should wake Alaric up, the Saltzman twins, or all three. The Mikaelson ran a hand through her brown girls, allowing a sigh to fall from her lips before she glanced towards gorgeous brunette before quickly leaving her room, silently running down the hallway in hopes of the girl not waking up before she got back―︎even though she knew that was impossible.

Much to her relief, when she knocked on his office doors, Alaric Saltzman was sitting there and called for the person to come in. He wasn't expecting Hope to practically throw herself into the office, her breaths heavy and her face flushed as she looked at her head master. He noticed the blood coated on her hands and his eyes seemed to widened slightly. Her hair was disheveled and her eyes were wide and anxious with nothing but worry. And when Hope was worried, everyone should be worried. He was quick to stand up.

     "Hope. . ." He slowly said her name, making the teenager furrow her eyebrows in confusion, wondering why he was talking to her as if she was bound to attack him like a wild animal any second now. That's when she found herself looking down at her hands, realizing her attire, and making her roll her eyes as she looked back towards her headmaster. 

     "I didn't kill anyone."

     "Then whose blood is that?"

     Hope opened her mouth to give him a name, only to hesitate as she shook her head. "Honestly, I don't know." He frowned and response and she simply huffed in annoyance. "Come on. I have to show you something." She was quick to turn on her heels, quickly walking away from his office. Alaric was hot on her heels as he followed Hope down the many halls until they reached her room. She turned her head to look at him for a moment before pushing the door open, revealing the dead body of Lilianna Stark.

Alaric slowly entered the room, Hope carefully following after him and closing the door behind her. She kept her eyes on Alaric, watching as the man stood there for a few moments, staring at the dead girl with confusion. His mouth continued to open as if he were going to say something, but nothing ever came out and it cause for him to close it again. He didn't know what to say, what to think, whether or not he should yell at Hope. So he simply did nothing, and instead stared at the dark haired stranger as he allowed for his thoughts to slowly process. Finally he inhaled deeply and turned his head to look at Hope. He nodded his head towards Lilianna.

     "Who is this?"

     "I don't know."

     "Is that her blood on your hands?"

     "Yes."

      "Why exactly did you bring a dead girl into our school?" He then noticed the bow and arrow laying against the wall. He was quick to point at the weapon. "And why the hell is there a bow and arrow in your room?"

      "That's the thing. . . I think she was trying to kill me." Hope answered him. "I think she's a hunter."

     Alaric stared at Hope for a second. "I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you correctly. You brought a strange dead girl into the school, after she tried to shoot you in the face with a bow and arrow? Who are you and what have you done with Hope Mikaelson?"

     Hope narrowed her eyes dangerously at the man. "Alaric, she was attacked by a vampire. She's in the stages of turning. I couldn't leave her abandoned out there all by herself! I didn't want her to be forced to go through this alone."

     Alaric rubbed a hand over his face, pursing his lips for a moment. "So, let me get this straight. You brought in a stranger, who's a hunter, who wanted to kill you, who's been bitten by a rogue vampire, into a school full of kids who have blood running through their veins?"

     Hope sighed. "I didn't think it through all the way. I know that. It was impulsive. But I didn't want to leave her out there to die, Dr. Saltzman. I couldn't."

     He gave Hope a weird look. She didn't care about anyone outside of this school. So why did she care about this random girl that had almost killed her? "Why do you care so much about this girl?"

Hope hesitated for a moment. If she was being completely honest, she hadn't a single clue why her first thought was to make sure this girl was okay. She didn't think about the consequences, all she thought about was that she wanted to be by her side when she woke up in order to make sure that she was alright―︎even thought Hope knew she wouldn't be, she was a vampire now, she was the thing she hunted. Hope didn't realize that she had stumbled upon the woman that would change her life forever.

     And so all that Hope could respond to Alaric's question was a shrug shoulder and three words, "I don't know."

"