𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: (𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞)'𝐬 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭

"MAMA?"
The (h/c)-haired girl looked up to her mother.

"Yes dear?"
The woman replied affectionately, tucking in her little angel, running her hand through the childs locks.

"Why does everyone not believe fairies or mermaids or magic? They always think it's silly."
The young (Name) pouted looking at her fairytale book collection.

Her mother only smiled before pulling the little child to her arms.

"Because they gave up. They gave up believing and so they find unexplainable things explanations even tho it is not necessary at times."

"They think that believing on something or someone would only pull you down. But no! No one can rise to the top without any help."

"So (Name), promise Mama that you would never, ever stop believing in the things and people you believe in."
The raven-haired woman held (Name)'s small hands in her own.

"Because believing can comfort you in more ways than one."

"Does that mean, I can be a hero like those cool people from your books?"
She hopefully asked her mother, looking up with wide, (e/c) pools.

"Why of course! You are brave, smart and most of all, you have a big heart. All you have to do is to keep dreaming and always...?"

"Always do your very best in everything you do!"
The duo said in sync before bursting in laughter.

If only everything stayed the same.

"(L/name)(M/name), you are under arrest for attempted murder."
The big men in a blue uniform said, the sound of cuffs and whining of the police cars were echoing on the poor child's little mind.

"Mama! Don't go!"
The 6-year-old begged, tears fell from her eyes as she watched her dear mother being held under arrest.

"Please don't! I didnt do it, I swear! Please understand, my daughter wont have anywhere to go!! Please!!"
But nothing, the police just mercilessly shoved the poor defenseless woman inside of their car.

But the world forced us apart.

And there she was, sitting infront of the head of the Adoption center.

After only half a year of everything that happened, here she was.

Ready to meet her new adoptive parents.

"This is Mr and Mrs Sasaki, you're new parents! Arent you excited, (Name)?!"
Her caretaker smiled widely. (Name) smiled fakely, not wanting to seem weird.

Not knowing that it would be the last time she'll smile for a while.

Looking at the couple, they seem sweet and kind. But call it a sixth-sense, but (Name) did not like either of them.

And was her sixth-sense correct when they went 'home'.

"You are now a part of the Sasaki family, we only expect and accept the best of the best, (Name). We have our standards and as long as you meet them, you will stay under our roof. Alright?"
Her new 'mother' told her, the sweet smile that was once on her face now gone. A scowl replacing it.