20. Late night texts and morning interrogation.

Hello sorry for being so lousy but I've been writing other things however I promise I'll be better soon and I know it's short but I plan on updating tomorrow! This chapter is dedicated to mehmory for the gorgeous new cover

"Wakey, wakey, sleepyhead."
I crack my eyes open and as my eyes adjust to the light I vaguely see the figure of two people leaning over me, although my view is slightly obstructed by a large dark rectangle in my face. On of the figures reaches down to pluck my phone of my face and I hesitantly sit up to face max and Levi who are both looking at me with expressions of amusement. "You were up late I see." Max remarks, there's a smile on his voice and I feel slightly happier about the morning. Levi is looking at my phone, a confused expression on his face.
"A guy called Lucas has texted you three times last night?" I reach up and swipe the phone from his hand and checking the phone, seeing that Lucas did indeed text me.
Lucas
I think some people just can't handle not being special so they simply choose to believe E.Ts don't exist

What no scientific response? I'm shocked :)

I assume you've fallen asleep because I am optimistic! Talk tomorrow?

I read the messages and groan.
"Shoot! I must have fallen asleep."
"Wait Lucas? Isn't that the guy you met the other week?" There's a strange note to Max's voice but I ignore it I quickly text Lucas to let him know that I had fallen asleep and would talk more later. Then I pause. "Wait. What time is it?"
Max and Levi share a look.
"8:30" Levi's says at the same time as Max says
"8:28"
I look up at them in disbelief and horror.
"So I have fifteen minutes to get to school?" They nod and I scramble out of bed shooing them out the room. "we'll get out I need to change!"
||||||||
"Do you think you have everything, Lo?" Max asks me as we're driving in the way to school. "Can I borrow a calculator, I have a test later?"
I opens mouth to reply but am cut off by Levi.
"Why on earth are we talking about calculators when Lo is talking to a boy who clearly likes her? What do we think... Date material?" Be wiggles his eyebrows at me and a vicious blush heats my face.

"Can we skip the interrogation this morning, mom?"I say, rolling my eyes, before Max speaks up.
"They're just friends, Levi. It's not like they're dating... Right, Lo?"
He turns to look at me and I try and meet his gaze.
"I don't know, I mean he's nice but I'm sort of trying to get over someone." I mutter the last part sort of hoping he won't hear but I know he does.
"What? I didn't hear about this."
I see Levi look at me in the mirror.
"Yeah, I just forgot to tell you." I mutter. "It's not important." We arrive at school and I quickly jump out the car but I hear Max ask Levi.
"Do you know who she's talking about?"
"Not a clue."