3. Sorry if i zoned out i was imagining your lips on mine

I'm sitting with Max and Levi in Levi's living room "studying" and I use that term very lightly considering we're not exactly studying, more lying on his couch talking about nothing. Me and Max are in fits of laughter at the story Levi is telling. I'm so distracted that I don't hear the door open and Ms Palmers, Levi's mom, pop her head in.
"Hello"
I scream and almost fall off the couch but Max's hand snaps out and hauls me up.
"Oh! Hey, Ms P, sorry bout that... I didn't realise you were home" I mumble sheepishly.
She chuckles
"It's fine, Elodie, relax. I just got back actually and I just wanted to let you know I'm making some cookies."
She raises her eyebrows.

Max's head shoots up.
"Can I help?" he asks his eyes shining in excitement

"Why do you think I asked?"
Needing no further convincing Max hops up and scampers off toward the kitchen. Ms Palmer lets out a soft laugh and follows him. I smile softly after them. I love Levi's mom. My parents are out so often shes basically the most prominent mother figure I have. I've never been close to my mom. I love her but she's so busy with work I can't really talk to her and Ms Palmers raised Levi alone all the while juggling two jobs. I have nothing but respect for that woman.

"When are you going to tell him?" Levi asks from the other couch.
My head snaps up.
"What do you mean?" I ask but I can already feel a soft blush spreading across my cheeks. I've never been able to lie to Levi. I can lie to Max because he just trusts people. But not Levi.

"C'mon, Lo," he says not unkindly "you know what I'm talking about."

I avoid meeting his eyes.
"It's nothing, Levi," I look at him so he believes me " it will go away."

"And If it doesn't?" I shoot him a look and he sighs. "You're my friend,Lo. And you're hurting"

"He's my best friend,Levi" I whisper "what am I supposed to do? I can't just shut my eyes and wish it away" I see it the concerned expression on Levi's face and soften "I'll be fine...don't worry"

Levi opens his mouth to reply but shuts if when Max comes bounding back into the room.
"Cookies are in the oven" he pauses, sensing the tension in the room "what are you guys talking about?"

"Harry potter" Levi and I reply simultaneously. I grin at him. He gives a worried smile like the conversation's not over. It is
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••"Wanna play the game tonight" Max asks as I shut my locker.

"Uh yeah... I have some homework but is 6:30 good?

"Yeah sure." An impish smile spreads across his face. "6:34 would be even better." Max darts off down the hall before I have the chance to get annoyed and I laugh.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Levi asks, shattering my moment.

I give him my best 'Psssh what are you talking about?' look.

"I have no Idea what you're talking about, Levi" I try my best nonchalant expression, although judging by Levi's face, it's more dolphin-esque than anything else.

He looks at me, arms crossed eyebrows raised.
" really? Do you need me to spell it out for you? YOU. LIKE. M-"

My eyes widen in alarm and I slam a hand against his mouth to stifle his words.

"The entire school doesn't need to know" I hiss.

He peels my hand from his mouth.

"How do you know they don't already know?"

Then he walks away leaving me standing in the hall opening and closing my mouth like a fish.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I stand outside my house waiting for Max to pull up, my mind running at a million miles an hour

Is Levi right?

Am I just hurting my self?

But those thoughts disintegrate, along with any rational ones, when I spot Max walking up the driveway.
For just a fraction of a second I let myself imagine that this is a real date. Not part of the game. Just a boy and a girl going to see a movie.

He'd walk up the driveway looking shy and awkward and perfect.
"Hi" he'd say looking down at his shoes.
"Hi" I'd reply a little breathlessly and then he'd look up at me and smile.
"Shall we go?" He'd ask and I'd nod and we'd start walking.
And then.
Maybe.
Just maybe.
I'd gather all my courage up.
Take a deep breath.
And bring his lips to mi-

"Elodie?" Max calls tapping me lightly on the head "any one home?"

He's looking at me like he's considering just sending me home with an ice pack so I just nod and say in my brightest, most 'I certainly wasn't just thinking about kissing you' voice:
"You ready to go?"