EIGHT

"I don't understand why you're making me come though

"I don't understand why you're making me come though." Reggie complained as he and Angel walked into the pembrooke. It was the day of Polly's baby shower, and Archie and Jughead had insisted that the girl should attend, despite her millions of protests.

"Because you're one of my only friends on the Northside who won't be all over Polly, I wasn't about to sit in a corner on my own." She explained, pushing open the door slowly, seeing that there were lots of people already there. 

"Well why are you even here then if you don't like Polly?" 

"Because Archie's making me, something about also meeting his girlfriend." Angel inspected the room before walking in properly, making sure Veronica wasn't around, as the girl knew she was friends with Archie and Betty.

Despite wanting to see Veronica again the other day, Angel had spent the past few days thinking of how she left New York without a word. Nick had cheated on her with Veronica, and Veronica would most likely still think the two were friends, not to mention how Veronica would bring up the other Nick thing.

Reggie and Angel made their way over to the food table, placing down their tray of cakes and cookies that Angel had stress baked the night before. "Omg yes! Angel's famous cookies are finally here!" Kevin exaggerated with a smile, making Angel roll her eyes playfully as she hugged him. 

"How long until it's acceptable to leave?" Reggie complained again, making Kevin look between the two with a suggestive look. 

"Kevin, stop it! We're just friends, and whenever Archie introduces his girlfriend." Angel looked around the room for her half brother, yet she couldn't see him at all, "although I think that might take a while." 

They both stayed at the food table the entire night, smiling at all of the people around them, yet neither of them spotted Archie and his girlfriend, "I need to use the bathroom." Angel muttered, passing Reggie her drink as she walked away when Polly finally arrived. 

She found the bathroom quickly, shutting and locking the door as she stared at herself in the mirror, blinking away the tears forming in her eyes. "For fucks sake." Angel pulled out her phone, messaging Archie.

Angel <3: where are you? 
Archie <3: sorry! we're here now, where you hiding?
Archie <3: you brought Reggie?
Angel <3: yeah I did, I'm hiding in the bathroom
Archie <3: omw with Ronnie now
Angel <3: weird name for your girlfriend
Angel <3: but okay

The girl decided to waste some more time by posting on social media, acting as if she wasn't just crying, she took some photos, finally choosing an alright one. She was wearing a black hoodie and jeans, as she couldn't care less about what gender the baby was or anything, she wasn't placing any bets on the genders so she just chose black.

 She was wearing a black hoodie and jeans, as she couldn't care less about what gender the baby was or anything, she wasn't placing any bets on the genders so she just chose black