FOUR

Possible TW: homophobia and fighting.

Angel had barely spoken a word since Jason's body was found, she had spent the weeks hiding under the covers at the house of dead. She had found herself through two stages of grief, she had came over the denial quite fast, she had spent the past 5 days in bargaining. She had screamed and sobbed and whimpered for her pain to end, and Malachi had attempted to help, though he was terrible with empathy, so he had asked for Riley to help. 

Riley held Angel every night until she fell asleep, the girl had let out quite a few tears of her own. Despite only knowing her for a few days, hearing the girl's sobs for it all to end pained her, and she wanted to hold onto the girl forever when she saw the marks she had unintentionally made in her sleep. 

Malachi had held onto her as she slept every night, yet she still managed to claw at her own skin. He had tried to shield her from her own hands when she had nightmares, but she just clawed at him too, and let out small cries. All of her nightmares consisted of the same thing, she and Jason were in a dark room, both of them were always screaming in pain. 

Once Angel calmed down, Jason would beg for her to come let him go, he always asked the same thing, 'why are you not here?' It was clear that Angel blamed herself for not coming home sooner, and no matter how much the Ghoulies disagreed with her, she continued blaming herself. 

She had spent almost 2 weeks in the depression phase. She didn't shower, she didn't speak, she had to be fed by either Malachi, Riley or Kyran. At one point they seriously considered taking her to a hospital, since she had passed out a few times, but the day after their discussion they found her bed empty. 

Angel rarely got angry, but anger was one of the 5 stages. When she had gotten out of bed, she took a nice, calming shower, took her phone, and went to Southside high, where she knew she could brew up a fight. There hadn't been any interactions between the Ghoulies and Serpents for a few weeks, both gangs kept to themselves, and Angel knew of some people eager for a fight. 

-

It was lunch when she arrived at the school, and the Ghoulies immediately spotted her, they were all searching for Kyran and Riley, who hadn't showed at school, but instead found her, angry, and itching for an argument. None of the Ghoulies had said a bad word against Jason Blossom, but they knew the Serpents did, every day since his body was found the Serpents would talk about how the Northsiders were finally getting what they deserve. 

A few newer Serpents even spoke about Cheryl and Angel, they teased, or attempted to tease, Sweet Pea, Toni and Fangs for being the ones to run to who they know as the 'Ghoulie.' Of course, only few Serpents knew that Roselina was actually Angel, but all of them who knew immediately shut down the new Serpents trying to talk trash about her. They still cared. 

But Angel didn't, all she knew was that a few Serpents had been talking about her, Jason and Cheryl, and that added onto her anger. "So, what've you heard them say Lor?" Angel asked Lorelei, who always had the gossip, from both the North and South side.  

"Well, you see the girl latching onto the leader, Sweet Pea? Her names Kelsey, she's been saying that you and Cheryl worked together to kill Jason. She called you and her a dyke." Lorelei was a known lesbian, so she spat out the slur that she hated with a passion, "so did the girl next to the boy with blonde hair, tattoo on his wrist." She pointed towards some other girl, who seemed to be talking to Kelsey.

Kelsey and Sweet Pea had their backs to the two girls, so they were both extremely shocked when Angel pulled Kelsey off the bench by her hair. Lorelei went around to the other girl, whose name was Violet. "Get up." Angel glared down at the girl, slapping Sweet Pea's hand away from her when he went to grab her.