Chapter 26

Celine's POV

I was currently in my room with my computer open.
I was looking up ideas for dates and stuff.

I had 2 months.
2 months to try and show Kyra that being mates wasn't a bad idea.
I decided I would start off simple and take her somewhere.

I figured that she wouldn't want to be somewhere alone with me for a while so I was thinking of going somewhere popular where there are more people and she would feel more comfortable.

Now all I had to think of is where.
I found out that Kyra likes a large variety of foods, but that still didn't help, there were so many places I could take her.

I thought for a while before I got an idea.
I decided to ask her out in a letter. It was an easy way of talking to her, when I couldn't.

That's also another thing I need to work on.
If we're going to be spending more time together I need to be more comfortable and not so stiff around her.

The idea of a mate is someone you can be yourself around.
I want to be like that with Kyra, so I also need to get comfortable with her.
I guess we both need to be more comfortable with each other if this is ever going to work.

She not a wolf like I am.
She doesn't feel the connection right away and I need to remember that.
She doesn't want to simply rush into things. She probably wants to take this easy and slow for a while.

Taking my thoughts with me, I finished my letter and made my way to Kyra's room.
I knocked on her door and heard a faint come in.

I opened the door and saw Kyra on her bed a laptop in front of her.

"Hey,"

"Hi"

"Soooo,"

"Oh right um here you go,"

I said as I held out my letter.
She took it and opened it.
I was unsure if I was supposed to stay or not. So I decided to let her have privacy and leave.
But before I could, I heard my name,

"Celine,"

I shuddered slightly heading my name with her voice. That was something I couldn't get used too.

"Yea?"

"Sally's diner works for me, what day were you thinking?"

I could feel myself smiling that I had thought of a place that she was good with eating at.

"What about Friday after school?"

"That works for me,"

After agreeing to Friday night I left her to do whatever it was she was working on.
I made my way back to my room quickly.
After shutting my door, I let out the dorkiest smile ever.

I knew I looked like a lovesick idiot but I was just so happy.
She agreed to a date.
We were finally making progress.

I was now restless, waiting for Friday to arrive. Currently it was Sunday afternoon.
I'd have to go through a week of school before the date.

I decided to try and distract myself so I don't overthink the date by working on homework.
*
*
*
*
I wondered if the goddess was against me.
As I anxiously waited for Friday to near.
The week seemed to be passing by slowly.

I had things to do every night. Monday through Thursday.
Sure I saw Kyra everyday at school and at home but Friday it would just be us two, and I was too excited for my own good.

After several boring hours and days Friday was finally here. I had my mom help me pick out an outfit. I told Kyra to dress casual, I wanted her to be as comfortable with me as possible.