5 - Behind Closed Doors

The perfume Rose would rather wear sat taunting her on her vanity once more, as she wiped the lipstick from her lips to leave nothing behind.

Just as she did after her meetings with Andy.

Her eyes went to the perfume bottle again. Just one spritz was enough to make his wife suspect, and it was becoming tempting to just put some on and be done with it.

She couldn't do it.

She couldn't betray Andy's trust like that.

To his wife she was anonymous, but one spritz of perfume would allow her to become all the more real. Perhaps even a threat? That's if Laurie Barber was the jealous type.

Could she be jealous of her though? the answer was no if she didn't know that Rose existed. Well, she did in some respects. They'd met at the party where it had all started and said a brief 'hello' as Andy had introduced them.

Rose felt like a fool. Drunk on love and now with thoughts of just exposing their affair. She didn't like it. She didn't like herself, but this is what Andy Barber had turned her into. A desperate mess.

She wanted nothing than to just run away with him. to have what he and his wife did. A life, no one to judge, perhaps even children? Rose wanted it all. She wanted it from him, but didn't know whether he felt the same.

Now the doubt was being cast into her thoughts.

Did he love her?

Would he leave Laurie for her?

They were in too deep and yet her feelings were flittering back and forth from loyalty to him to betrayal. She was divided and would remain so if this carried on.

Turning the perfume bottle over and over in her hands she inhaled the slight aroma from where it lingered after its last use.

One spritz...

No.

Quickly she returned the bottle to the shelf as she heard the doorbell and checked the time.

He was here...

She turned back to the mirror and smoothed her hair out, tying the silken belt of the robe around her before going downstairs and opening the door.

There would be no questions of where he'd told Laurie where he was going tonight. Rose didn't want to think of her.

It was all about them. This was their time.

Once she'd turned to him after she closed the door his lips were on hers, devouring her in the kiss that had become all too familiar. "How long do you have?" she pulled away, wanting to be sure this wasn't a brief meeting like the ones in his office.

"An hour, maybe two."

It was enough for her. Laurie was the lucky one who got to share a bed with him every night. Rose could be selfish for once and have him in her own. Even just for an hour.

The pain from when he'd have to leave would never cease though. Never stopping until he finally was hers or nothing at all.

The trail of clothes began to shed at the bottom of the stairs, leading up to her room until finally he had her where he'd been fantasising. Pinned under him and screaming his name so loudly that the neighbours would soon know who he was. She muttered something and he leant down, teeth grazing over her collarbone. "Use your words, beautiful..."

"I need..."

"What do you need?" The dominance that Andy held over her during these liaisons was something they both loved. Never once did she try to take the lead. It was how it had always been.

She arched her back a little more, eyes now meeting his own. "I need your mouth on me...please..."

The begging and pleading made him all the more untamed. Rose had turned him into a madman in private as opposed to his usual measured self.

A low rumble of a chuckle escaped him, and his lips brushed its kiss down to where he finally placed the last on the inside of one of her thighs. It was sending her wild, and he was enjoying the amount of control that he had.

Of course he was going to do as she asked. It would be rude not to, and soon she was arching her back more while he savoured every last drop of her.

"We're far from done yet..." He told her, coming back up to place a long and deep kiss onto her lips again before the hazy urge to have her took over once more.

It was as though she sent him spiralling into a never ending pit of urgency whenever he was with her in private. Nothing else mattered, and soon both of them were catching their breath. Bodies significantly weakened in every possible way.

Rose looked across at him once they'd calmed down and he did the same, meeting her eye. "I'm gonna leave her...." he finally spoke.

"When?"

"I don't know..."

Rose said nothing for a moment and got up, pulling her clothes on. "You won't" she told him quietly.

At this point he sat up. "Rose..."

"You won't." She swallowed the lump that was now in her throat. "I know you won't." on the crack of her voice she turned away and headed into the bathroom, splashing her face with cold water.

It was time to wake up. They were dying as much as his marriage was, possibly even more. As she patted her face dry she felt his arms slide around her waist and looked at their reflection in her bathroom mirror.

This could have been something more.

Andy's lips brushed over her collarbone. "I will leave her." He stated once more, the confidence seeping through. "But we need time..."

"How much more time could we possibly need? You either leave her now or that's it."

"You don't mean that."

She turned in his arms, "Andy...do you love me? Or do you love her? It all comes down to that choice. Me or her."

Their faces were almost touching and soon she was once again lost in his kiss, "You..." he breathed in between. "It's you."

She slowly pulled away and looked at him. "So end it, i'm begging you to just please put me out of my misery because every time we do this, it kills me a little bit more when we have to leave one another."

"And you don't think that it does to me too? Geez I think about you every moment of every day! You're even in my damn sleep!" He told her, "You dominate my thoughts all the damn time! And why? Because I love you!"

He'd said it...

Andy Barber had finally told her that he loved her. 

Rose stared at him for a few seconds, a little shocked at his admittance. "I love you too." 

It was those three words that would spark the beginning of the end, but neither of them were to know of what obstacles stood in their way, and just what could potentially drive them apart.