Chapter 13

I woke up the next morning and I smiled feeling Chris holding on to me in bed. I rolled over to look at him and ran my fingers gently over his cheek.

"I'm sleeping baby." Chris grumbled and I gave a small laugh.

"I am just so happy you are here." I said.

"Me too baby. Now sleep." Chris said grabbing my hand, kissing my palm and moving it down against his chest.

"I have to get up any ways." I said noticing the time.

"Can't you take the day off? We really need to work on our statement release." Chris said and I sighed.

"I know but I can't just take off work Chris. I was already off so long for grandpa." I said and he sighed.

"And get your team to put together the statement and then send it to me." I said. I leaned in and kissed him.

"Trust me I wish I could stay in bed with you." I said and then sighed.

"If I go back to Boston and work in the museum, I could." I mumbled and Chris looked at me annoyed.

"Hey, we said no to that idea." Chris said.

"You don't get to make my choices here. And let's be honest, the minute that statement is released and you go back to Boston, what's not to say that I don't get reporters wanting a guide and asking for me. I can't vet people and make sure they are real park guests. Also, get some crazed fans of yours wanting me just to get info on you." I said and Chris groaned.

"Then what do you want me to do Belle. We said the statement needed to be released. Are you second guessing that now?" Chris asked.

"I just don't know what my repercussions of this are going to be. You are used to it, you do this thing all the time." I said and Chris sat up and looked at me annoyed.

"Do what all the time Belle? Release dating statements?" Chris asked and I groaned and sat up.

"No, that's not what I meant. Don't jump to conclusion." I said.

"So what did you mean?" Chris asked.

"Whenever something happens in your life that people are curious about you have to let them in, being in the public eye and everything but I don't want that. I know my bosses and co-workers won't like it either." I said.

"And it would be different in Boston?" Chris asked still annoyed.

"I think so yes! They respect you there Chris and I think people would give me the same respect." I said.

"So what do you want Belle? Obviously this is all about what you want." Chris said and I looked at him annoyed.

"Hey! That's not what I said I am just wanting to talk to you about all the choices we have and what might happen. I have to think of everything Chris. I mean I am not used to this life like you are. I don't want my life out there for everyone to know." I said and Chris groaned.

"So it's okay that no one know we are together and let them just speculate and we never verify or deny?" Chris said.
"Are you really okay with releasing a statement that we are dating while you go back to Boston and I stay here?! If we are a couple shouldn't we be together? I mean damnit Chris." I said getting out of bed and getting dressed and he did the same.

"I won't ask you to give up this job Belle." Chris said.

"Then move down with me. Move in here! Get your own place! I don't really care, just come down here." I said and Chris moaned.

"Everything that means something to me is in Boston." Chris said.

"Except for me." I said and Chris dropped his head.