Chapter 3

The next day after picking up the Evans at breakfast we headed towards the Avengers compound and I was excited since this was my new favorite place to be. As we arrived and started walking around Tara immediately pulled Chris off to the side to look at something. I rolled my eyes and kept walking with the family.

*****CHRIS POV*****

"Hey what's going on?" I asked Tara as she sighed.

"I am going to go home Chris." Tara said.

"What? Why? We were all having a good time." I said and she sighed.

"Work called and some house sales are going nuts and I just think I should be there." Tara said and I sighed.
"And this has nothing to do with me turning you down last night?" I asked and she looked at the ground.
"I don't know what I was thinking Chris. We have been friends forever and I don't want to ruin that." Tara said and I pulled her into a hug.

"Tara, I know this isn't something you want to hear but I think of you more as a sister than someone I could see myself with. Can we just go back to that?" I asked as we released from the hug and she nodded.

"But I really do have to, work did call and things are all kinds of messed up." Tara said and we both laughed.

"Well we will miss you. You okay to go get your stuff or do you want Belle to get you some help?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No, I am okay. Chris, do me a favor though..." Tara said.

"What?" I asked.

"Talk to Belle, you are shamelessly flirting and have eyes for her. I think she thinks something is going on with us. Maybe I was trying to convince her there was but I wont be here now." Tara said and I shook my head with a small smile.

"I don't think she is interested." I said and she shook her head.

"Oh no Chris she is very interested." Tara said and smiled. I gave a small laugh.

"I'll think about it." I said and Tara smiled.

"That's all I can ask for." Tara said and pulled me into a hug.

"Tell everyone bye for me?" Tara asked and I nodded.

"Of course." I said and Tara walked away.

*****NORMAL POV*****

I stood and watched Tara and Chris talk as the kids were watching something. I saw them laughing and then she hugged Chris and I turned away so they didn't see me watching them. I plastered a smile on my face and got back to doing my job. That's all this was...a job. As Miles and Ethan freaked out over something they saw Chris approached without Tara.

"Everything okay?" Shanna asked.

"Tara had to go home, work problems." Chris said.

"Oh that sucks but we will miss her." Steve said and Chris half smiled and then looked at me.

"Okay Belle, you love the Avengers Compound so much. Where should we go?" Chris asked and I smiled.

"Let go!" I said and we started walking to the compound.

*****************************************************************************

That night during the fireworks Chris worked his way through his family to get to me. I noticed him standing close beside me and I looked up at him and he was smiling down at me.

"Belle, I really want to talk to you." Chris said and I sighed.

"Chris, why?" I asked and he grabbed my hand and I looked down at our fingers intertwined.

"Because I am tired of fighting this." Chris said and my breath hitched. The fireworks finished and I looked at Chris.

"Come talk to me at the bar in my hotel tonight." Chris said and I shook my head.

"Chris..." I said and he placed his other hand on my cheek when he realized no one was looking.

"Please...?" Chris asked and I sighed.

"Okay fine. I will meet you there but I have to change and put my stuff in my car first." I said and he nodded.

"An hour?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"I'll be there." I said and Chris remove his hand from my cheek when Stella come over to us.

"Uncle Chris, can you carry me again?" Stella asked and Chris smiled.

"Of course Princess." Chris said and picked her up. We all walked to the gate again.

"Good night everyone." I said and they all smiled. Chris went to walk past me.

"An hour?" Chris said and I nodded. I walked towards the locker rooms to get my bag and change. I changed into a green t-shirt that was form fitting and my black jeans that had holes in them. I then took my stuff to my car. Once I reached my car I sighed. Was I really going to go meet him? What was I thinking? I knew I shouldn't get involved with him, he was with someone. I groaned and started walking towards the hotel to meet him at the bar. I walked in and I saw some people sitting at the bar and some at tables but no Chris yet. I looked and realized I was kind of early. I sat at the bar and I the bartender came up to me.

"Club soda please." I said and he nodded. Once he handed me my drink someone sat beside me and I looked at see Chris smiling at me.

"Thank you for coming." Chris said and I shook my head.

"Chris, I just need to tell you I am not interested in dating someone who is with someone else." I spoke up right away and Chris huffed a laugh and ordered a drink with the bartender.

"I'm not someone to date more than one person either Belle." Chris said and I looked at him oddly.

"Tara and you aren't a thing?" I asked and Chris huffed a laugh.

"She wanted to be but we are better off as friends than anything else." Chris said and I sightly nodded and took a sip of my drink.

"Let's also not forget, you live in Boston and I live here." I said and Chris nodded.

"There are things called planes. I know I can use them and I believe you can too." Chris said and I smiled shaking my head.

"Chris..." I said.

"Come on Belle any excuse you come up with, I bet you I have thought of an answer." Chris said.

"You're famous, I'm not." I said.

"Which makes me more attracted to you." Chris said and I shook my head and finished my drink, standing up.

"Chris, I am flattered really but I don't think this is going to work. You and your family are amazing but I am working for you this week and once the week is over you go back to Boston and forget all about me." I said. Chris stood up, put some money on the bar and walked out with me. We got to the lobby of the hotel when he grabbed my hand and pull me closer to him.

"Belle, this is not a simple vacation fling for me, I want to get to know you. I want to get see you outside of work and away from my family. I love them to death but Stella hogs you." Chris said and I laughed.

"Are you jealous of Stella?" I questioned.

"When she gets to hold your hand all day I am." Chris said and I felt my breath hitch again.

"Chris let's see what happens at the end of the week. If you still feel this way at the end of the week, we can meet up here at the bar an discuss how things will work out." I said and got out of his grip. He smiled and nodded.

"I'm holding you to it." Chris said and I nodded.

"Good night Chris and I will see you in the morning." I said and he nodded and I walked out of the hotel. Once I made it to my car I laid my head on the steering wheel trying to catch my breath, Chris Evans was going to be the death of me.