Chapter 7

I was sitting in the front row of a funeral home room looking at a casket in front of me as people spoke about how great of a man my grandfather was. I wasn't paying a bit of attention. He died when I was sitting in his room with him after he finished talking to me. My sister was beside me and holding my hand as was my mom. Once the service was over we got in a car and headed back home since we weren't doing a graveside service because it was so cold but there was a get together at my parents' house once the funeral was over. It had just started and I was pulled into a group of my cousins to talk when I just wanted to be alone. I then felt a hand on my back and I turned to see Chris. I just wrapped my arms around his neck and just held on and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I didn't know you were here." I said as we hugged.

"Where else would I be? I was at the funeral too." Chris asked as I pulled away and he wiped tears off my face.

"Thank you for coming." I said taking his hand and walking him away from my cousins who were staring. We walked up to another group and I saw all of the Evans' standing there. I smiled as my eyes filled with tears again and I hugged all of them. I then saw Stella and she looked sad and I knelt down to her level.

"Hey you. I could use a hug from my best friend." I said and she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I'm sorry about your grandpa." She said as we hugged and I smiled.

"Thank you sweet girl." I said and we broke apart and I stood back up.

"Um...please just make yourselves at home. There is a food spread in the dining room. Let me see if I can find my parents to introduce you..." I trailed off sounding rushed and panicked and Chris placed a hand on my back.

"Hey, hey...calm down. Don't worry about being hostess. We can manage." Chris said and I nodded. I just didn't feel right and knew I was about to cry.

"Excuse me." I said and walked away.

"I'm going to go with her." Chris said as he saw I headed outside and didn't take a coat. He grabbed my coat from the hanger by the door and followed me outside. I was hugging myself trying to stay warm out on the back porch where no one when Chris walked out the sliding glass door.

"Hey, you need you coat." Chris said and I wrapped it around me and I sighed.

"Yeah, I guess I do." I said and Chris then stood behind me and wrapped his arms around me and I leaned my whole body back against his.

"I don't want to ask how you are or how you are holding up because I think I know the answer to both." Chris said and I huffed a laugh.

"I just sat there Chris. He wanted me to speak at his funeral, it was his final wish and I couldn't do it." I said and Chris held on tighter.

"He would understand Belle. It's okay." Chris said and I sighed.

"I just want this all to be a horrible dream. I want to wake up back in the hotel room on New Year's Day with you in my bed and just lay there all day." I said and Chris moaned remembering.

"By the way, how did you end up in my bed?" I asked and Chris laughed.

"Yeah you were pretty tired to not remember. When we left the party I tried to get me a room and they were all booked up so in you sleepy haze you just told me to stay in your room. Belle, I could barely get you in the room and changed before you fell asleep." Chris said and I gave a small laugh.

"Yeah, sounds like me." I said and Chris kissed my cheek.

"Hey, I have something for you." Chris said and I looked back at him.