《 go little rockstar 》

This is platonic friendship between you and Gregory.
Edit: Definitely not making a part two of this. I'm tired and it's only January.
Edit 2: This didn't turn out the way I planned. But then again, I don't plan shit. I'm a pantser.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

( gregory x male child reader )

"Happy birthday, superstar!"

Today is young Y/n's birthday. As if that wasn't any more obvious. The little boy's parents had woken him up that morning with a surprise to celebrate his 10th birthday in the new Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex. The news had gotten him out of bed in a flash. Y/n's parents invited over some friends and family to celebrate. Freddy Fazbear himself had come to one of the party rooms to give the birthday boy a cake and a piñata. After the party, Y/n's parents let him roam the mall freely but reminded him to come back before closing.

As the now 10 year old boy was hopping from one attraction to another, using up most of his party passes, he later finds himself bored and alone. Y/n ended up in the food court in the atrium. Watching all the people live their lives, there was one that stood out. There was another boy, probably around his age, wandering on his own. Y/n followed to see where the other boy was going.

Y/n sees the unknown boy head up into Bonnie Bowl and follows suit. The boy sits in the ice cream parlor and orders a sundae. Smiling, the birthday boy sits next to a new potential friend.

"Hi. What's your name?"

The boy with brown hair looks at Y/n.

"Gregory."

"I'm Y/n."

They give each other a fistbump and an honest smile. Y/n orders an ice cream parfait whilst getting to know the boy named Gregory.

"I come here all the time," says Gregory.

He tells Y/n about how he and Freddy became close after Gregory got stuck in the mall after closing. Gregory hid inside Freddy for the majority of the night because he thought the female night guard was mean. Poor Gregory had to hide in multiple places until 6 in the morning.

Y/n and Gregory talk about many things all while filling their stomachs with ice cream for the whole afternoon. After they ate, Gregory pulled Y/n along to meet Freddy personally. Freddy, of course, was overjoyed to now have two little boys he can call his "superstars" and also let Y/n enter his chest cavity as a special birthday gift.

"You didn't tell me it was your birthday, Y/n."

"I didn't have to."

As the hours trickled down to night time, Y/n soon had to say goodbye to his new friend. Gregory walked Y/n to his family waiting at the entrance. He can see the outside; the sun setting down into the horizon. It must be nice to see that much closer.

"It was nice to meet you, Gregory." Y/n turns around to hug his friend.

Gregory smiles and hugs back.

"Go, little rockstar." He says into Y/n's ear.

"Hey!" Y/n let go and gave him a look. "Don't call me little, you're just my age."

But alas, Gregory was taller than Y/n at that time. The two boys smiled and gave each other another fist bump.

"I gotta go but I promise to come back again soon." Y/n grins.

Gregory held back a frown. He didn't want the day to end so quick. Even if it was for just a few hours, he enjoyed his time with Y/n. And besides, Gregory feared that Y/n would forget him despite the promise to come back to the pizzaplex. How long is soon? How far into the future would it be?

"Tomorrow. Come back tomorrow."

A part within Gregory was even afraid that he or Y/n wouldn't live to see another day if either of them stayed in the mall. That was something too heavy for a child to worry about. But knowing the secrets that lie beneath, Gregory had the right to fear for the worst.

"Sure, Gregory. And then maybe I can ask my mom if you can come over so we can play."

"That sounds great."

As Gregory watched Y/n leave, a resounding goodbye somehow hurt more than it should. But still, the future can be bright. The past can be burned down. Sunsets won't ever go away, and there will always be a new day.

"You're still my little rockstar."

"Quit calling me that, we're not kids anymore."

"Fine. But just for today, 'cuz it's your birthday."

《 end. 》