《 4' 11" 》

For mental imagery, I did a bit of imaginary height math for this oneshot to work. Sun would be 6'0" and you are 4'11" as stated in the title. Shoutout to all the short ones out there.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

( sundrop x short reader )

You got your job through connections and it's also an internship that would help you when you get into college. Having graduated at 18, you took a gap year to work towards your robotic technician degree. Today is your second day. Your task is to check on the Daycare Attendant.

You walk into work in a baggy sweater, which is what you like to wear, but it honestly makes you look smaller and therefore more people mistake you for a child. It's not your fault that your height is staggering behind.

Inhaling, you prepared yourself to face the attendant. You had no idea what it looks like but all you knew was that it's a tall, skinny animatronic and that it's name is Sun. Everything is quiet. It was after regular hours so all you had to do was find the attendant and be on your merry way. Something about this daycare creeps you out. There's an ominous feeling in the air. You look up, finding out where that feeling is coming from. It's coming from the sun animatronic as it stood atop a stage balcony and dives into the ballpit. You run over there in a sudden panic. Did it hurt itself? Why would it pull a stunt like that? And on your first day no less?

Unfortunately, as soon as you step into the pit, it emerges from the balls and lifts you up with no effort whatsoever. You squeak in surprise.

"You sure are up late, friend! Are we having a slumber party?"

You were stunned, silent, and extremely embarrassed. Not only did he treat you like a child, he carried you by the sides with his hands nearly squishing the side of your breasts. The worst part was that he didn't seem to realize it.

"Your face is red, are you ok?"

"C-Can you put me down? Please?"

He said nothing and put you down gently. You crane your neck up at him because he's so tall compared to you. How are you gonna proceed with this?

"Look, I need to check your diagnostics." You gulp before you continue. "Could you please turn around and sit down?"

He tilts his head to the side, a permanent smile on his silly face.

"But you're a child! I can't let you touch the back of my head, friend!"

"I'm not a child! And I'm not your friend so turn around!" You suddenly snapped.

It had been a while since you last got pissed at someone for calling you a kid. The animatronic fell silent. You could sense that his expression somehow saddened. He turns around and sits down so you could see the back of his head. It took about 30 minutes of awkward silence. Once you were done, you thank him and leave as fast as your legs can take you.

The next day, you tried to forget it but you just had to go back again. Besides it being a part of your job, you decided to go early so you could apologize for your outburst. It was unprofessional and uncalled for.

"Um, Sun? Are you here?"

As soon as you step inside, the cheery jester appeared before you.

"Hello! It's you again!"

You chuckle nervously. "Aheh, yeah it's me again. Look, I'm sorry about yesterday-"

"Don't worry about it, friend! It's normal for kids your age to be mad."

He's hopeless.

"I'm not a kid." You calmly try to explain this time. "I'm a new technician."

But he didn't say anything and instead pulled you further into the play area and somehow roped you into making sock puppets with him. You only agreed if he let you check his diagnostics again.

The day after that, you just didn't know what you'd do next. Were you getting desperate to teach this animatronic's AI that you are mature enough despite your shrunken size? If this goes on for the entirety of your job, it could kill you on the inside. People were easier to deal with. They'd understand quickly. Sure, there are some jokes here and there but they weren't as stubborn as this clown you were forced to check up on.

You went into the daycare, no sign of Sun around. That relieved you for a moment. You sat yourself on the rubber floor and decided to take off your sweater, leaving you in just your fitted shirt. Sweating was the only downside to your favorite article of clothing. But just when you thought you were safe, a large pair of cold hands lifted you up once more.

You hear Sun say his usual greeting but you were too focused on where his hands landed. The animatronic cut his words short as he also realized this. It's his first time seeing you out of the sweater.

"You're, eheh... not a child." He puts you down quickly and retracts his hands to his chest.

"Of course not." You fix yourself. "That's what I've been trying to tell you for so long."

A light blush coated your cheeks but you compose yourself right after.

"I'm 19. And 4'11" but I blame that on genetics. I work here as a technician. Do you understand, now?"

Sun nods and goes back to his usual bubbly programming. He turns around and sits down while all you can do is sigh inwardly. Maybe you were the only one who felt embarrassed throughout this whole ordeal. But what matters is that you cleared up the misunderstanding.

《 end. 》

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Hikaru: I have a thing for killer animatronics
Kael: Springtrap and Monty?
Hikaru: Yeah
Kael: No you just like them because they're tall
Hikaru: They're all tall?
Kael: And you like their designs for some reason
Hikaru: Ok true