Chapter 11

Junkook suddenly said, “Let me read the script that you’ve altered.”lisa immediately let out a sigh of relief and ran into her bedroom. She handed to him a stack of binded A4 papers. “Do you need me to turn on the lights?”

“No need.”

She made an “oh” sound. She gently nudged Sprite’s belly with her foot, playing with him. Sprite smartly understood that it was playtime and obediently rolled over on his back. Cola meowed and then jumped on Sprite’s belly… lisa’s eyes were wide open at the harmony of the two pets.

She then heard junkook called for her, “lisa.”

She turned around and saw that he was pointing at a line in the script. “Tell me, what does ‘pupils suddenly contracted’ mean? How do you want the actor to act that out?”

“Ah?” She looked at him strangely. “It’s when someone sees something frightening, his ‘pupils suddenly contracted’.”

Junkook made an “en” sound. Removing his glasses, he lightly massaged the bridge of his nose. “I understand, tell me how to act that out.”

Lisa went blank. 

This was indeed a legitimate question. Eunwoo’s acting, it shouldn’t have reached the levels of being able to act ‘pupils suddenly contract’…

“Last time my friend did a film,”junkook said, putting the script aside, “One of his assistants saw the words ‘movement as if running away from a rabbit’ in the script and really went out and caught a rabbit.”

Lisa laughed dryly. “… how amusing.”

“Therefore sometimes, just write something others will understand, it’ll save time and effort. It will also not the cause of ridicule.”

Lisa made an “oh” sound. “I wrote that to sound more poetic, to indicate he’s really frightened.”

“But when actors receive the script, they will usually ask me, ‘Director, how to act?’,” junkook said. Leaning close to her, he asked, “How do you think they should act?”

That was the problem.

Lisa stared into his eyes, trying desperately to pretend he was a character out of a horror movie. Just look at that pair of eyes, dark as sin, he was also blocking the light. She stared at his nose bridge, his lips… ah, lips didn’t seem to have anything to do with horror.

The room was very quiet, only the soft pendulum sound could be heard. The light beating sound traveled to her ears to her heart.

A long, long time ago.

The both of them once discussed about a topic.

Back then she was a young girl with barely discovered romantic feelings, she actually unashamedly asked him if they should kiss the first time they meet. The both of them started discussing very seriously over the phone. Since they were already husband and wife, such necessary procedures should be done and over with… then?

She suppressed her fluttering heart, she could taste his breath.

“I think… I better adjust the script,” she said, desperately trying to find a conversation topic.

His lips seemed to curve slightly. “Okay.”

“Change it to ‘turn pale with fright’, let Eunwoo interpret himself…”

“Okay.”

The sound of pendulum grew increasingly loud.

Usually it was never that loud…