Chapter 2

The noise of the unrelenting rain and the sound of the person behind them talking on the phone, were completely suppressed by that one simple question.

“Have you been well?”

To be honest she had been well. No one would be in despair because their first love failed.

In the past years, she ate and slept well, went to university, started working…

In her mind there were a lot of vague answers. That she was banned from the Internet for a year. That after the ban, she found that the game account was deleted. That he was never online on QQ again. She didn’t know which university he went, not even which city he was at… There were a thousand words she wanted to say, but in the end she only answered in the most common way possible.

“I’m quite OK,” she vaguely answered, before throwing the question back at him, “How about you?”

Look, the years not only robbed her off her appearance but also her ability to be honest.

He glanced at her.

She still dared not look at his eyes, though she could feel his gaze on her. She suddenly felt cold, grumbling in her heart that he couldn’t possibly be holding a grudge against her, could he? Then she heard him saying, “Barely passable.”

Barely passable… barely passable…

In reunions between past lovers, shouldn’t it be “How are you?” “I’m fine” “I’m also quite fine”? Yet he chose to say something like that.

She didn’t know how to follow up with that answer. With a hollow laugh, she replied, “You’re too humble. Didn’t you achieve a lot of success in the past few years?”

Later, when they all stepped into the car, she deliberately chose the window seat to allow a distance of two seats with him. Junkook and the producer were idly chatting. He spoke very little but she found out that he was also a resident of seoul. Not only that, he was already one since 5, 6 years ago. Both their residences were in the same area, only ten minutes apart by car.

The series of revelations made her slightly flustered.

The world was indeed big. Back then she was in busan, now in Seoul. But no matter how she tried, she simply couldn’t find him. Yet how small was the world that now she came across him in such a way?

But how had he recognised her?

She shot junkook a quick glance. He was indicating to the driver that he had already reached.

To avoid the embarrassment of meeting again, she declined attending all the necessary procedures of the commercial including colour grading and editing.

In conclusion, she would put an end to any way or opportunity to meet junkook.

How exactly did he recognise her?

Lisa lifted her cup. No matter how she racked her brain thinking about it, she couldn’t find the answer. She drank a mouthful of water, before continuing to the next question.

Was he disappointed after finally seeing her face? Or was he glad?

TV was broadcasting the variety show If You are the One. The host was cackling with delight but she didn’t understand what he was laughing about. Even though she knew most of the show was orchestrated, she still enjoyed the liveliness of it. Once the spotlight flashed, all the men and women on stage would say things they normally wouldn’t dare to say.

In just tens of minutes, how could there be so many incidents of love-at-first-sight...

Immersed in her thoughts about junkook, while furiously drinking hot water, she heard the doorbell. She didn’t even manage to get up before hearing people impatiently knocking on her door.