Chapter 3

After they exchanged a series of precautions for their pets, she found that his flight was actually tonight. That meant the dog must definitely come over tonight.

But the problem was she didn’t even have her own house keys.

When junkoom fished his car keys from his pocket, she vaguely said, “It’s fine if you want to bring your dog over today but please give me two hours to settle some private matters.”

She didn’t understand why but she didn’t want him to know about her situation.

The car unlocking made a light noise.

Junkook opened the passenger door. “What’s wrong? Is it inconvenient?”

“Not really,” she answered. “It’s just that there are some people in my house that I need to settle before letting you come over.”

She also needed to appease Cola.

Junkook motioned for her to get on. “Then I’ll send you home first. It’s on my way.”

It was indeed conveniently on his way. She still had to hurry home to settle her problem so the dog can come over sooner. With such reasoning, lisa didn’t refuse his offer.

Junkook helped her close the door before getting into the driver seat. The music drifted as they started their journey home. The rhythm was very quiet. There were only the sound of a guitar strumming monotonously and the voice of a young girl’s singing in a language she didn’t recognise.

She couldn’t tell what song it was, only that it was a very gentle one.

Neon lights flashed in the window as they drove past.

Junkook still didn’t speak much in the end. She was bored, so she took the script that was in the driver’s seat earlier and read it carefully from cover to cover.

When she closed the script, she saw a contact form attached.

It was a very simple form. It was commonly used during filming to prevent the staff from losing contact with each other.

Usually she wouldn’t pay attention to such a form and even now she was just lazily looking at it. Then she saw a name that surprised her.

In the third row, it said: Lalisa.

Next to it was a string of numbers.

He knew. He knew all along.

Lisa stared at her own name and felt her entire body getting warm. On the day of the meeting, he was browsing through this script, looking as if he knew nothing. But after reviewing things that happened afterwards, she was certain that he knew from the beginning.

She put the script behind her and quietly glanced at him.

Junkook was looking at the review mirror, as the car drove through the elevated bridge. He asked, “Do I turn left at the intersection?”

She subconsciously made an “en” sound. When the car turned into a junction, she saw the newly-built convenience store and said, “I remembered that I had something to buy, you can just drop me off here.”

The convenience store was just in front. Walking home from there took only five minutes.

She could also buy something for the old couple to show her sincerity.

Junkook stopped the car and said, “Is it really inconvenient for you? If it would inconvenience you, then let’s call the thing off.”

The car was parked safely in front of the convenience store.