Chapter 7

Thanks to the text, lisa ended up not leaving home for three consecutive days.

She would be sprawled on the sofa every day, going through the information while eating melon seeds. There would be a huge pile of melon seed shells in front of her, the smaller pile belonged to Cola.

They went through the same pattern for an entire three-day, both the woman and the cat were already sick and tired of melon seeds.

Thankfully, in the end what junkook meant was that he was going to contact her to arrange for a meeting, not that he was going to contact her privately.

Li Xiao Qing was an engineering graduate, she had the habit of using numbers to analyse the script… for a humanities graduate like her, she felt tortured seeing all the numbers.

The subject of the meeting: how many female leads does this film need?

The whiteboard listed a series of women with different personalities who will have complicated and tangled relationships with the male lead. There was one who was naïve and forced the male lead to take responsibility, one who was so passionate and obsessed that she threatened to kill herself if he wouldn’t marry her, also one who had a tragic past waiting for the male lead to rescue her…

They even went as far as calculating the percentage of how all the women would be received…

She saw that the males inside the room sharing the same look of deep satisfaction.

Did they all thought of themselves as the male lead?

Sigh, people these days.

They should be more clear-headed.

She looked at junkook who was sitting across her. He seemed to be carefully considering what the analyser said. She sighed inwardly, continuing to bite her apple to replenish vitamin in her body.

She had been working hard, worried that this famous, slave-driver director would unsatisfied.

“How is it?” Li Xiao Qing asked, her head popping at the door. “How did the discussion went?”

Everyone quieted down. Their company had four branches, every day there would at least be ten films or dramas to be discussed about. As they were working with junkook this time, whom was heavily endorsed by their boss Li Xiao Qing herself, they had put in extra effort.

Junkook kept on tapping the table with his pen. “lisa, what do you think?”

Lisa, who was still biting her apple, absentmindedly said, “How many do you think is necessary?”

Why did it felt like they were buying groceries at the market, as if the women were from the Dreams of the Red Chamber, as if they were choosing a beauty out of a harem.

Junkook simply lifted his cup. Even though it was just an ordinary action, it silenced everyone.

Li Xiao Qing, who had been standing at the door, finally found it unbearable and said, “Isn’t it just choosing a female lead? Quickly make up your mind and wrap up, it’s dinner time.” Having spoken her mind, she remained leaning on the door, waiting.

He started drinking from the cup. “I got a cold recently, allow me to drink some hot water.” After finished, he continued, “That childhood-friend female lead is not bad, I like that sort of feeling. Just use one female lead. What do you think, scriptwriter?”

Lisa kept on eating her apple and pretended to consider it seriously. Then she casually answered, “I also like that sort of feeling.”

Everyone had discussed for almost an entire day, including every kind of feeling they got from the proposed female leads, yet they didn’t expect the director to like the childhood-friend trope. There were also people who were not satisfied with that decision, they argued that such trope was often acted out badly and was the most difficult to film with passion. But junkook seemed to be indifferent. While sipping hot water, he said, “That would have to depend on the scriptwriter.”