chapter 9

*onwards to  the next part *

[THE INSTITUTE]

CLARY: I still don't understand. How can Shadowhunters be better than... than what you people call mundanes?

dinora : Because we protect humans.

CLARY: You're right. Humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van. Great job, guys. You rock.

bts starts to walk through where namjoon and taehyung and dinora are and then they heard what they where talking about and hoseok said this
hoseok : There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense.

dinora: hoseok , not now.

namjoon : Look, they won't do anything to tyler. They just wanted to draw you out. They want the Cup, and they think you have it.

CLARY: But why do they think that? Why does anyone think that? What, my mom lies to me my entire life except, "Oh, by the way, there's this magic cup, I hid on, like the planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone". What am I supposed to do now?

then yoongi interferes

yoongi : We have to report to the Clave.

namjoon : Great.

yoongi: They have to know we've learned about Valentine.

CLARY: What, that he's my father? Great. Fine. Tell them. What good does that do tyler?

namjoon : Clary, it's all connected. The vamps want the Cup.

CLARY: Why? It makes new Shadowhunters.

jungkook : Nobody wants Valentine forming an army loyal to himself.

dinora : Plus, it controls demons.

namjoon : They'll propose a trade. tyler for the Cup.

CLARY: So, vampires will trade tyler for the Cup and Valentine will trade my mother for the Cup. Either way, I lose someone I love. What if I just toss it up in the air and let them fight it out among themselves?

jimin: So, this doesn't matter to you?

CLARY: Yes, of course, it matters! Listen... when you saved my life... I put my trust in you. Now, I need you to put your trust in me. I can't turn into what you are overnight.

dinora : It's true. She was raised as a mundane.

jin: [to dinora] What are you, her spokesman now?

CLARY: I don't need a spokesman, I need a plan.

[HOTEL DUMORT]

[tyler is locked in a room. He looks through the glass and pounds on the door.]

tyler: Hello! Anyone? I'm just an accounting student. I have no value to anyone. And I barely saw your faces, so if you let me go, I couldn't even identify you. Not that I would, 'cause you guys are vampires! Who would believe me? I didn't even know you guys existed until yesterday! Is anyone there?

[zico appears on the other side of the door. tyler falls back. zico walks in.]

tyler: If your goal was to scare the crap out of me, mission accomplished!

[zico slams the door behind him.]

tyler: And as far as I'm concerned... you can have it out with those Shadowhunters. Especially, the blonde one.

[zico comes closer and tyler backs out until he is closed in between zico and a coffin.]

tyler: You know, you don't need me.