Cats are Soft And Fluffy With Fangs

:P Happy solstice! In honor of the solstice here's an extra long chapter :) That I actually proof read for once :) Ignore that it's a day late.

Come yell at me on my tumblr: Percabeth4Life
Come chat with me on discord: https://discord.gg/3tGNJhu

OO OO OO OO

I woke to heat.

My skin felt too hot, tight and uncomfortable. I cracked my eyes and hissed at the light shining down on me.

"Careful," hissed the familiar voice of Martha. "Sssit up, here-"

Martha's scales shifted, giving me leverage to slowly push up against the boat. I groaned, rubbing my eyes and squinting.

My body felt like lead.

"You usssed too much power," Martha chided. "You have been usssing too much power. You will need to ressst today."

"Today?" I squinted at the sky.

The sun beat down on us, I was pretty sure I had a sunburn. It was too high in the sky considering we'd reached Medusa's island closer to sunset than anything.

...

"How long have I-"

"All night," Annabeth interrupted, voice tired.

I twisted to look at her, leaning against the other side of the boat. Her chest was covered in bandages, her shirt draped over her legs.

"We stopped on an abandoned island a few hours after sunset last night," she continued. "Then started up again a bit after sunrise. I'm not sure what time it is now-"

"It's about half past first tide," I said helpfully.

Annabeth blinked at me slowly, "I- I am not sure how that translates to hours and minutes."

I didn't really know either, not without a clock.

"It'sss about nine-thirty," Martha informed us.

"Thank you, Martha."

"Of coursssse," the snake stared at me.

I shifted, "I didn't mean to- to make the... ice berg."

Martha's tail swished.

"Sorry," I muttered.

"It isss dangerousss to ussse sssso much power," Martha explained. "You are mortal. You cannot put sssso much of yoursssself into your actions, it drainssss you too much."

"I've never done so much difficult stuff in a row," I muttered. "I didn't realize..."

Martha hissed out a sigh.

"Let thisss be a lessssson. You are too young, too mortal, to do sssso much at onccce."

Annabeth shuffled, "So the uh... iceberg..."

"It's hard to make ice," I muttered, twisting my fingers. "It's uh... well fresh water it's easier? I don't have to force the salt out. But with salt water it takes a lot more effort... I've never made something so big before."

"And before that you were fighting Kharybdissss," Martha grumbled. "And healed in the occccean."

"Thank you for protecting us," I said softly. "We... wouldn't have made it this far without you."

Annabeth nodded quickly, "Seriously, you've- you've saved our lives at least four times already."

Martha preened a bit at that, "It isss my duty."