To Sea the Lost

And book two is here! Hope you enjoy :D

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

Dionysus POV

Well, this was just a lovely day.

The sun was shining, the strawberries were growing, and two of the kids vanished from the camp one after the other.

I loved that.

I sighed and took a gulp of my Diet Coke.

A messenger came earlier to tell me that the Jackson boy had been attacked by a Pit Scorpion. They didn't know who did it, but I could make a wild guess based on the other missing kid.

I knew that the Luke kid was angry, he'd been angry for a while, but for him to try to kill a camper?

I didn't see that coming.

"Mr. D your drink is on fire," Khiron said helpfully.

I blinked, so it was.

I waved my hand, dismissing the drink.

"Um..." I sighed, turning to the door.

Annabeth Chase stood there, her jaw clenched and her eyes filled with worry.

"Where's Percy?"

Oh boy.

"Ah, Annabeth-" Khiron faltered at her look.

"I saw the guy that came from the sea, he went through Percy's cabin. I can't find Percy anywhere. Why was he here? Where's Percy?"

I sipped my Diet Coke. I was just glad we didn't have to tell her he was dead. I always hated informing the kids that one of their friends died.

"Annabeth," Khiron started again.

"He's in the ocean," I drawled.

She frowned, "Why?"

I sighed, "He had an unfortunate meeting with a Pit Scorpion, almost died, used some emergency magic thing, and is now in the sea. Oh, and that Luka Campbell boy left the camp, probably after trying to kill the Jackson kid."

The girl recoiled, "What!?"

Khiron sighed, "We don't know that Luke did it. He left yes, but... he wouldn't've... he would never hurt one of the campers."

Annabeth nodded, a fiercely defensive look on her face, "Luke would never! He... he was angry yeah, but he wouldn't hurt Percy. He wouldn't betray me- the camp like that."

I studied her. Honestly, I pitied her. She dearly loved that boy, he was her older brother, and she definitely had one of those little mortal crushes on him. His betrayal would hurt her greatly, once she accepted it.

"We're waiting for confirmation when the Jackson boy wakes up," I waved my hand, leaning back in my seat. "Your family is here though, so you'll have to go. Unless you wish to stay to wait for news."

She hesitated, "I... I want to know what happened. When will he wake up?"

Khiron winced, "Ah, Pit Scorpion venom... honestly it's a miracle that he's expected to survive at all. We have no way of knowing when he'll wake."

She bit her lip, "I'll stay. I want to know what happened..."

I shrugged, the poor girl was in denial. "Do whatever."

She huffed and left. Marching out with a determined stride.

"Mr. D, you need to be more gentle with them," Khiron lectured.