I see stuff (that's not helpful)

Hope you enjoy the chapter. This is the last one before canon stuff starts up so yay!

Come yell at me on my tumblr: Percabeth4Life

Come chat with me on discord: https://discord.gg/3tGNJhu

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

I frowned as I stared at the water.

It was hard keeping my mind clear, but I needed to to scry properly.

Wait no that was thinking, stop that.

Blank mind. Blank mind. Blank mind. Blank mind- wait oh no that was more thinking.

Just stare at the water and think of nothing... nothing at all... I am not thinking-

I sighed.

Not thinking was hard.

Zoey could do it, sorta. She said it took her awhile, but she managed to do it. I'd already been trying for several weeks and all I got was a headache.

Why couldn't I scry? I was getting all those dreams that I could almost never figure out. But I couldn't scry at all!

This was water, it should be easy to scry on. I was the son of the sea God for Pontus' sake. Ugh, this was so frustrating.

I stared at the water again and tried to clear my mind and just think of nothing at all.

Nothing to think about.

Clear mind.

Nothing happening here.

All was fine.

Head empty.

No thoughts.

None.

...

...

...

Dang it.

I gave up... again.

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

My dreams were filled with fire.

I stared at the burning fields, the temple standing stark.

A statue towered over me, massive and regal.

It radiated power.

It seemed familiar.

Fire burned and the statue vanished.

The world went dark.

I woke up.

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

Euphemia had a chart sitting on the desk for me to look over.

"And as you can see here, sensors are always part of the first wave of forces."

"Because they can sense the different threats ahead?"

She nodded, "Of course it's best to have a team of different kinds of sensors, list the kinds."

I paused to gather my memory.

"There are the kinds like me, Purifying sensors, er sorry, Vakasta Itenahe. We can sense magic, power, spells, and the like..."

She smiled and made a motion for me to continue.

"Um, there are also the uh, the ones trained in storms... Uatevi Itenahe? They can sense airflow, though that's only really good for sensing incoming storms."