Chapter 30

Enzo's POV:

My eyes peeled open slowly and I looked around. I was in my bedroom, wrapped in bandages with an IV in my hand. Pain seared through my entire body but not horribly. At least I wasn't dead. I tried to remember how I got here but couldn't.

I tried to remember what happened. The last thing I could remember was getting off of the plane from Puerto Rico with Lily. Lily...

I shot up, from my position in bed and screamed her name. If I was hurt, did that mean she was too? My heart raced.

Dante crashed into my bedroom with dark circles under his eyes.

"Lorenzo," he choked out.

He rushed over to me and hugged me, he looked like my little brother again. Only a little boy. His emotions were displayed clearly all over his face. Fear. Love. Relief.

'Dante, what happened," my voice was rough and dry.

"They ambushed us. Drove us both off the road. We were behind you, but they didn't hit us as bad as they did you. We got to you when it was too late."

"Too late?" I choked out. Lilly was dead. They killed her.

"They took Lilly," he spoke solemnly.

"No," I roared, even though I was weak still.

"How long have I been out, Dante?!"

"Only two days. I thought you were going to die. I thought you were already dead when I got to you, big brother." He hugged me again, with raw emotion showing.

I hugged him back tightly.

"I'm okay, I promise. I love you, Dante. I won't leave you so easily. Now, we need to find her."

Stefano and Alessio busted through the door, also looking emotional.

"Oh, brother!" they all hugged me tightly.

"Okay, okay, come on. I love you all, but this is a bit much. I'm fine."

"We know, we just wanted to trick you into giving us a hug," Alessio smirked, but it lacked all of the normal spitfires. His eyes had bags underneath as Stefano's did as well.

"We have been looking for Lily, and we found her. But, we can't go in guns blazing. It's your uncle. He has her, and he will only talk to you. We lied to him and had to tell him you were refusing, instead of telling him you were in a coma. You'd look weak and he would have killed her, you know how he is. He is a psychopath. If it's not useful to him, he'll throw it away.

"We have a three-day grace period, which ends today. So, from tomorrow till we get her, she's going to be... you know the drill," Dante drifted off. I could tell he was upset.

"Get him on the phone," I ground out.

My pulse was racing with anger. I let Lilly down. I put her in danger. She would be traumatized after this. She was probably terrified right now.

Dante put his phone up to my ear and I took it, listening to the ring. My free hand was balled in a tight fist and the one holding the phone was nearly crushing it.

"I figured you'd call eventually," he drawled.

"Give her back," I growled into the phone.

"Hand over the business, and I promise I'll give her back."

I looked up to see them all shaking their heads at me, trying to tell me that they know he was lying.

"Give me Lilly, or I kill all of the people you have working for you, leaving you helpless, and then I will-" I stopped abruptly. Stefano grabbed my leg. I took a deep breath, knowing that my uncle would take out his anger on my Lilly if I said anything too malicious.