Chapter 2

Rob is totally NOT 'okay'.

He is the literal worst. Ugh. 

Rude and sleazy.

I constantly catch him staring at my breasts and touching me for no real reason, like on my shoulders or waist when he passes me.

He constantly makes remarks about my intelligence and work.

His outside matches his inside perfectly though, which I find satisfying.

He has these freaky-ass bug eyes that are always lingering on my body. And his mouth is just as nasty.

Whenever he gets agitated, spit always flies out. Sometimes I have to back up a step to stay out of the splash zone. 

His breath is no better. It always smells like stale coffee, it's utterly atrocious. Rob's hairline is receding like his hair hates the scalp it is attached to.

Rob was really short for a man too, so he had quite the Napoleon complex going on.

He makes me uncomfortable, so I try to avoid him the best that I can. But, It's pretty hard to do that, considering that he is my manager and he has to give me my schedule every week as well as my paycheck.

He always makes me come into his office and insists I close the door when I enter. It's creepy like he is trying to get me alone. I always brush him off nicely though and leave the door open. 

Plus he's rude.

Rob constantly yells at me for bullshit reasons. Yelling at me for things out of my control or just plain lies.

"Lilly, you're late!" Even though I'm on time if not early every day.

"Lilly, you're in my way!" Even though he shouldn't be in my space while I am trying to work.

"Lilly, you're taking too long with customers, stop being so friendly. You're here to work, not make friends!" Even though I am just being nice, and mostly I depend on tips.

"Lilly, you are not allowed to wear that kind of makeup to work!"

"Lilly, you should be wearing makeup or something. You need to look more presentable!"

Ugh! Rob.

He always had something to say, always picking on me one way or another.

But, I'd rather him be yelling at me. It's better that way. Because when he is yelling at me, he isn't being 'nice' to me. All touchy-feely and stuff.

I'll take that over his grimy, sweaty palms tracing my arms any day. His lingering touches are nauseating, but he still hasn't done anything too bad.

Thank goodness.

But, I wouldn't put it past him.

He definitely would try something if he thought he had the opportunity. But, I avoid being alone with him where the cooks or busboys can't see or hear him.   

I absolutely can't stand Rob, and it's only been a month since he's started working at Della Nonna.

The worst part is that I need this job. I have no one besides myself I can depend on for my school tuition, which is nowhere near cheap by the way. So, Rob is my only option.

Especially since Della Nonna pays me better than anywhere else around here will. And, since I'm the only waitress there's no splitting tips or anything of that sort.

Della Nonna was good money, good enough to ignore Rob as long as he didn't choose to escalate his gross advances.

I wasn't the only one who disliked him though, I was almost sure of that.