I Am Yours ~ Chapter 11

Angeline sat in the large dressing room Christine had once readied herself in. It was cleaned now, and everything was in its proper place. Angeline was adorn in a simple chorus girl outfit. It was to be her outfit for merely the opening seen.

She looked over at the sofa seat, on which her tennis shoes were lying. A slight sigh escaped her lips. This wasn't a normal thing for her. She would be singing in front of a large crowd. If that wasn't enough, Angeline would also be singing for the Phantom.

Angeline picked up a brush and ran it through her dirty blond curls. She was getting anxious for the Masquerade after the performance.  "Sing once again for me..." She murmured at the mirror. "What was I thinking? I should have listened the grandma and stayed away."

She looked in the mirror at her reflection. A shadowy figure, she hadn't noticed, stood in the background. Angeline gasped and spun around.

"Fear not..." It said in a sing-song voice. The Phantom, the real Phantom, stepped into more light. He had a black mask on and was adorn in a suit and tie. His black hair was combed perfectly back. "I am here to wish you good luck."

Angeline relaxed a little. "Oh, uh...thank you. Are you wearing that to the Masquerade?" She pointed at his outfit.

He shook his head. "I have a much bigger surprise planned for that. Do not worry."

She smiled a little. "Okay."

"Before I forget..." The Phantom reached into his side pocket and produced a perfectly groomed scarlet red rose. "For our star, Miss Angeline Giry."

Angeline's eyes twinkled at the delicate flower. "Thank you!" She took it gingerly and sat it in front of the vanity mirror.

The Phantom nodded and headed for the door. "Ten minutes, my dear."

Angeline nodded, her heart began to beat a little faster.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

About six minutes till, Angeline stepped out of her dressing room. The entire place was in chaos.

Chorus girls running back and forth from make-up to costumes. Set pieces begin touched up; and the Prima Donna, for this show anyway, was barking orders like she knew something.

The Prima Donna didn't look where she was going and bumped into Angeline. "Look where you are going, you little toad!" She grumbled.

Angeline rolled her eyes and kept walking. A toad was nothing compared to what she would have to go through. The Phantom was one for realism, and had made an potion of sorts for her throat spray.  

Angleine took a right turn toward the chorus girls, looking around for Emily. She stopped cold at what was taking place. 

Joseph, with Phantom mask and cape, was teasing the chorus girls. He had a thick rope in his hands.

"Like yellow parchment is his skin ..." He snarled at the girls, moving his mask. "A great black hole served as the nose that never grew ..."

One of the younger chorus girls shivered at the thought. "No nose? How sad."

Joseph waved his finger at the girl. "Not sad my dear. For, you must be always on your guard,

Or he will catch you with his magical lasso!" He swung the rope around one of the older girls in a playful manner. He pulled her close and smirked.

Angeline stomped over to him and removed the rope. "Those who speak of what they know find, Too late, that prudent silence is wise." She flashed a scowl at him.

He simply frowned.

"Joseph, hold your tongue - He will burn you with the heat of his eyes!" Angeline sang the part from the stories her grandmother had told her. She knew he was already dead, and she knew how he had died. But to play these sick games again, was simply unorthodox and childish.