Chapter One

Y/N
__________

TW: slight mention of death

Present day

It's been 10 years and I haven't seen Alex ever since that day. Idk why he left me, does he not want to hangout with me anymore? Am I weird? Does his family think I'm weird? He didn't even tell me anything. He's the only friend I had in that small neighborhood. We would go to each others houses and do a ton of shit, but now is not the time to get all memories in my mind because I have to focus on fixing my bag for college tomorrow.

I had to move out of mexico because both my parents passed away years after alex left so I didn't really want to stay there by myself. I moved here in california since it's a good city to stay in because I get to go to the beach and just calm myself whenever I get stressed out too much.

College starts tomorrow and I don't have any idea on what I'm getting into. My mental health is bad and I got no one by my side. Even if I said I moved out of mexico because I didn't want to be alone, I'm still alone. School here is shit. Teachers don't care about the students, students bullying other students, fights happening all the goddamn time. I just want someone to be there for me any time of the day to comfort me and reassure me that everything is going to be ok, but sadly no one is.
__________

College day

I woke up early just to take a bath because I like cold showers in the morning. I haven't even started packing up yesterday night because I just layed in bed and cried, overthinking so many things. I started packing then made myself some breakfast. After some time, I'm done eating and drove to the college.

In college...

I finally made it and walked in to see people talking, putting things in their locker, walking, and..making out? First day of college and people are making out already? I mean it's typical to see people making out but it's just the first day like calm down.

I ignored the people and just walked straight to my locker to put in things I don't need for my first class. Students get their schedule 3 days before first day of college so we can get ready. I looked at my schedule and saw my first class.

Spanish class.

Ah, very boring class because I'm mexican and I know a lot already. I don't really need to listen so I'll just put my notebooks and pens in my locker and bring nothing.

Spanish class...

I was early so I scanned the room for a good seat and decided to sit at the very back so no one could disturb me that much. I sat down and waited for class to start.

The teacher walked in a bit while after and started the class. No one was sitting beside me so that's good.

I get comfortable in my seat as someone knocked on our door. The teacher went and checked and he talked with the person outside for a minuet. He came back with the person who seems to be a student too.

"So class, we have a new student joining us this morning and he just moved here, would you like to introduce yourself to the class sir?" The teacher welcomed him as he sat on his chair.

"Hey so I'm Alex and I'm new here." He said coldly.

Alex? Same as my childhood best friends name..he doesn't really look like him tho so I don't think it's him? Or is it? Let's not jump into conclusions and just distract myself with something other than Alex.

"Is that all you have to say Alex?" The teacher asked him.

"Yeah? What else am I suppose to say?" The student answered annoyed.