C26: Friends

"Me from the moon, you from the stars
Our conversations were like homework BFFs on one day, enemies on another I just wanna understand."

Artist: Jimin x V (방탄소년단 (BTS)
Song: 친구 (Friends)
Album: MAP OF THE SOUL: 7

Jennie

Did she just confess her feelings to me?

"Yes." she said.

Did I say it out loud?

"No, you didn't, but it's obvious in your face." I furrowed my eyebrow and eyed her from head to toe.

"When did you start liking me?" I asked her.

"I don't know, I can't remember." She answered honestly.

"Why do you like me?" She holds her chin and thinks for a moment.

"I don't know, do I need a reason to like you?" I nodded, which made her think more. "Let's say that you always make this [she pointed at her heart] feel happy and alive."

I leaned my head against her chest and listened to her heart. Her heartbeat is beating so fast that it's like she ran a marathon in how fast her heartbeat is.

"See? She like you so much. " She said, with a smile plastered on her face.

"I don't like you, though." She clutched her heart.

"Aw! My poor heart. Are you okay, Mr Heart?" She dramatically said and acted like she had a heart attack. I chuckled when she knocked her heart asking if it was okay.

"Stop acting, Lalisa." She rolled her eyes and quickly smiled when I raised an eyebrow.

"I like you, Captain." She confessed she was more straightforward and confident.

"I don't like you, Monkey." I responded, which made her sigh.

"Not my fault nor yours, since my heart chose you. Don't worry, I'm fine taking care of you and comforting you when you need someone. I never expected you to like me back." She smiled at me and it somewhat warmed my heart.

"Good to hear then." She nodded.

"Should we sleep now? It's really late now." I hummed in response, and she turned off the TV.

She covered me with the duvet and turned off the lamp beside me.

"Sleepwell, Crushie." She said this in a baby voice, which made me cringe.

"I hope you have nightmares." I said, she chuckled and kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight." She laid beside me and made sure that there was a distance between us.

I stared at the ceiling and listened to her breathing. Her breathing eventually relaxed, indicating she was already asleep.

I touched my forehead, which she kissed twice. She is the only one who has done it to me.

It feels nice.

•••

Lalisa

I woke up to Jennie sleeping on top of me. Her face is buried in my neck and her arms are wrapped around my waist.

She is a heavy sleeper. I didn't expect her to sleep like this.