C5: Try Out

"Everyday, I comfort myself
Everyone’s just the same, ain’t so special
Ay man keep one, two step
Let’s try calmly healing everyone."

Artist: 방탄소년단 (BTS)
Song:병 (Dis-ease)
Album: BE (Deluxe)

Lalisa

The whole day ended and I didn't find a club that caught my attention. My Dad thought that I didn't really want to join a club, which made him continuously bother me.

"Why are you still not joining a sports club?" Dad asked for the 34th time.

"I told you that there was nothing that caught my interest and attention." I sighed and massaged my scalp.

"Join the women's volleyball team." He said, but it sounded more like a demand.

He sat across from me and had a bottle of beer in his hand.

"What?" I asked.

"Whether you like it or not, you will go try out for the KM women's volleyball team." I looked at him in disbelief.

"I'm not even a pure woman." I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"But you act like a woman most of the times." He fired back.

"Dad, I have a dick and you want me to join a club that will make me sweat."

"So? What's your point?"

"I don't like getting sweaty because it's sticky and I can't take a shower in the girls shower room." He listened to me as he opened the TV and watched a football play. "Sharing a comfort room with them is already making me uncomfortable. What if I even share a shower room with them?"

"I will ask my friend to give you your own shower room." He said nonchalantly.

"I can't win this conversation, right?" He looked at me and winked.

"You can't. I will wait for the result of your try out." I stood up from my seat and went upstairs, leaving him without response.

I locked my bedroom door and slumped my body onto my bed.

Joining a volleyball team and having my own shower room is not bad, but having a bitchy captain and a coach who likes to curse is not really good.

•••

My parents really wanted me to join the volleyball team. Mom packed some pairs of clothes, gatorade, and boiled eggs while Dad lent me his one adidas duffle bag.

Haruto and I arrived a little later than usual time we arriving at school. He wished me good luck before we parted our ways.

I went to the covered court to see a lot of applicants. I can't believe they still want to join the team even though the captain is strict, bitch, brutal, and merciless.

Rosé the one reading the application form. I'm worried that I might not be accepted into the team, especially when their captain is choosy and strict.

I shyly walked towards them. I grabbed a form and was about to walk away when I heard someone speak.

"Oh! Lalisa, Are you planning to try out?" Rosé inquired.

"Y-yeah, I'm g-going to try out." I mentally cursed myself when I stuttered.

"Wow! Limario, what's up?" Jisoo ran towards me and put her arm on my shoulder.