Chapter 18 : Normality Again

You take one step out the door before Natasha drags you back inside.
"Nat, I can't hang around my taxi's here."
"It'll only be a minute!"

You leant out the door, signalling to the driver that you'll just be a second. He replied with a friendly thumbs up.
She rummaged about in a random drawer for a moment before pulling something into her hand and rushing towards you.
"C'mon, Nat. The price of this ride is going up by the second."
"Oh shut up, put it on my card."
She stood before you, her cheeks a little flushed from her hurry.
"I tried this on the first night that you came to mine and just thought it'd look better on you."
She opened her fist to reveal a silver necklace, with a little silver hand as it's charm - balled into the position of a 'pinky promise'.
"I just didn't know when to give you it."
She turned you round, sliding your hair out the way and clasping it behind your neck. Immediately, you toyed with the charm, your heart bursting with affection.
"I was right, it does look better on you."

The taxi driver beeped his horn, clearly growing impatient as he witnessed a sickly-sweet, romantic gift giving session between two women.
Natasha signalled once again that you'd only be a moment, yet this time he wasn't so friendly.
"Now, you can promise me you'll go date someone else to keep us a secret. But, as long as you're wearing that - you're mine."
You wrapped your arms round her neck, pulling her into your lips and kissing her deeply.
"I could jump your skin right now, Natasha - really."
You tugged on her bottom lip before she removed you (reluctantly) from her grasp, waving you away in the taxi.

You sent a short message inviting your friends to your flat in the next hour or two. They all left you on read, again. You honestly weren't expecting them to turn up - you understood why. But after what seemed like a lifetime of waiting, someone had buzzed up to your flat. You pressed the receiver and Carol's sympathetic voice rang through.
"Hey, we still welcome?"
You pressed your forehead against the wall, grinning at the sound of her voice.
"Course, come on up. Door's open."
The line cut off and you unlocked your door. Unfortunately, you'd somewhat given up on the prospect of their arrival so, you'd changed into some casual nightwear. Your hair was thrown up messily, a white vest clung to your braless skin and your nipples poked through the material. You had glasses resting on your forehead behind your ears and dark grey slacks sagging at your waist.

You opened the door for them, deciding to greet them on their way in as an attempt to subside any ill-emotion.
"Woah! Definitely weren't expecting us this late, were you Y/L/N." Carol giggled while ruffling your hair.
You laughed, folding your arms over yourself embarrassedly.
"Don't worry, you look hot."
Maria slung her arm round you, pulling you into her side.
"I agree but I prefer your arms unfolded."
Wanda slid your from Maria's grip and pulled you into a hug. Maria's hand lingering on your arm.

You turned to see Carol, slouched on your couch, unimpressed.
"I didn't come here to witness a throuple."
Maria stepped over you to throw a cushion at her, which she caught swiftly in her left hand.
Both of them then released them self from you and sat down, sharing a blanket.
"You guys seem...fine?"
You stared at them, huddled together and looking up at you. Wanda spoke on behalf of herself and Maria.
"We made up in the morning. Drunk anger doesn't mean anything. No one could be bothered texting you because we all knew where you were."
You hung your head, grinning at the thought of that night.
"Well, that's kinda...over now."
All three girls hung their mouth open in tangible shock.
"What now?"
Carol mirrored Maria's throw of the pillow, firing it back at you.
"Yeah, called it off. I don't really wanna talk about it guys, if I'm honest."

Carol had already initiated her callous yet hilarious joke making - which you took well because you knew you'd told a lie. Wanda ushered for you to go sit on her lap, which you did. Maria turned away a little, unable to hide her disdain.
Wanda kissed your cheek and wrapped her arms round your stomach, gently squeezing your sides occasionally to remind you she was there.
Eventually, she leant in and whispered in your ear that she was sorry to hear about you and Miss Romanoff.
You just grinned, nodding and showing it was okay. You were just happy things were back to normal...again.