Chapter 22 : Exposure

You leave Natasha be for the remainder of the week and weekend, making no attempt to contact her as you're left unsure with regards to her emotions for you.
Maria accompanies you overnight on your days off, noticing your brooding tone through the phone. She manages to take your mind elsewhere, though you can't help but feel blameworthy when she hints at going official. You don't know if you want that, you don't know if Natasha want's that - right now, you feel as if you know nothing.

The following class week starts and you dread your first lesson. As expected, Natasha pays as little attention to you as ever. To an outsider's perspective, that would seem completely ordinary - lecturer's aren't supposed to grant extra attention to the student's who don't ask for it. However, Natasha always made that little effort - a fleeting glance, a small grin, all the way up to keeping you behind. Today, nothing.

You adjust the collar of your hoodie, tying the strings a little tighter in order to keep it in place. Despite your best efforts to deny Maria, you'd turned up to today's class with your neck and chest littered with bruising again. Natasha seemed already infuriated you, the last thing you wanted was to fuel the flame.
She delivered the lesson with her usual enthusiasm, which concerns you somewhat. She was becoming less impacted by any conflict with you. Perhaps you really were just a student play-toy of her's.
You spend the remainder of the lesson whispering with Maria, unintentionally maddening Natasha as she watched your cheeks flare red and your grin widen at her jokes.

As the lesson drew to a close, she smiled at every departing student, flashing you an apprehensive look and quietly asking you to hang behind.
Maria stepped back, wrapping her palm round your arm.
"You okay?" She spoke into your ear, giving Natasha an unpleasant look.
You nodded, leaning in to place a mild kiss on her cheek and sending her away with your flat key.
"I'll see you soon, not to worry."
With that she excused herself, directing a warning stare towards your lecturer.

"I don't think she likes me very much."
Natasha sighed, somewhat jokingly.
You pressed your lips together, staring at her sympathetically.
"I'm finding this...really difficult, Y/N."
You stepped towards her, leaning your forehead down against her shoulder.
"What do you wanna do?" A pained tone overriding your voice. You wanted her to know that you're still her's.
"For the first time, I truly don't know."
You lifted your head, your lips brushing her's a little as you raised your face.
"I just want you all to myself."

The tension between you multiplied, the air thick with desperation and longing. She touched her lips to yours, only slightly, a small whimper slipping past your lips. You push her back into the edge of her desk, slipping her on top of it and sliding some files out the way. She wrapped her legs round you, her arms linking across the back of your neck, moaning into your mouth as you deepened the kiss. She tugged on your bottom lip as you pulled her shirt from it's tucked position and slid your hand upward of her soft, bare skin. Your fingers snaked round to her back, steadily going to undo her bra.

As she groaned against your lips, your head shot back from her at the sound of the door creaking open. In it's entryway stood Mr. Rogers, not uttering a word. You stood back from Natasha as she slid off the desk, panicked and attempting to compose herself.
Mr. Rogers turned on his feet, a petrified look on his face as he left. Natasha chased after him, calling out his name, leaving you alone in the lecture hall. Your heart sank and suddenly you felt sick - you'd been caught.
You wipe the onset of tears from your cheeks and breathe slowly, feeling a panic overtake you. Pacing the room, you're composing your state before quickly exiting the building and making your way home. You're completely lost, not a single idea of how this could be fixed.

Despite your best attempts to behave regularly in Maria's presence, your mind is a tangled mess and you can't help but be reclusive and quiet.
Maria leaves you be for a while, merely keeping you in silent company - which you appreciated. However eventually, she approached you mildly, wrapping her arms round your waist from behind as you sift through emails.
"Hey, what's that?"
She taps her finger against the screen, motioning for you to open an attachment sent from the University.

You read through and realise it's an end of semester, casual event run by some other Law students.
You pick up your phone and notice Wanda and Carol have already littered the chat with pre-drinking plans, so you can only assume that you'll be going. Maria touches her lips to your cheek, you peer down at your phone once more - desperately hoping to see Natasha's name light up the screen, only to be disappointed all over again.
"Y/N?" Maria was waving her hand in front of your face.
"Sorry, in a daze. What's up?"
"Do you wanna be my date to this thing?"
Your breath caught in the back of your throat, your feelings were spread as thin as ice - you hadn't a clue what you truly wanted right now. However, with yourself and Natasha rocky as it is and now Mr. Rogers having walked in...

You nodded, leaning forward and pressing your lips to hers. She smiled into the kiss, holding you at your jaw.