11 - Keys

"So Michael, tell us about yourself."

Calum and Ashton stared at the boy, intrigued with everything he had going on.

Hemmings never mentioned the younger guy wore skirts.

"Oh um.. I moved here not too long ago! I actually came here to see if I can make a career in song writing!" Michael exclaimed happily, sipping on his soda.

Unlike the other three men, Michael was never one for alcohol. He didn't like the taste, it wasn't sweet enough for the sweet angel.

Calum hummed, swirling his vodka in the glass. He couldn't help but watch as his mate was so helplessly staring at the gorgeous man. 'Poor Hemmings' he thought, seeing now what his problem was.

Michael was absolutely oblivious to everything happening around him. Calums eyes have been wandering to the minimally dressed ladies, feeling himself ready to leave the conversation.

He observed the drunk, the sad, the happy, the celebratory, and the lustful tonight, yet Michael had only observed the little paper umbrella that came with his soda.

Poor Hemmings indeed.

"How do you know Hemmings?" Ashton asked, watching the younger male closely. He was intrigued by Michael, someone so innocent sat right in front of him. He can't remember the last time he took someone's innocence, pure innocence.

"Met him when I was.. four I think? I don't remember it was- it was a long time ago. I was new to the neighbourhood and him and his mum came to say hello!"

Luke just watched the younger man with fondness evident on his face, his eyes, his smile.

He would never grow tired of seeing his bestfriend so happy, he'll never grow tired of hearing the dirty blonde tell the story of their meeting.

Ashton noticed this, eyes darting to his once tough friend, now a puddle for this princess. He chuckled and took a sip of his whiskey, feeling his other mates eyes on him.

"Luke here talks plenty about you."

Ashtons eyes widened comically as he looked at the maori, ready to spit his drink out.

What Luke tells them about that boy shouldn't be repeated to anyone, let alone such a soul with innocence.

Michael only tilted his head, taking a short sip from his soda.

"He does?"

A long 'mhm' was made out from Calum as he stared right back at Ashton.

Michael chuckled nervously, looking from the blonde to the two men in front of him.

"All good things I hope, I know I can be a bit of a handful." Michael stated, looking down to play with the small blue umbrella perched on his drink.

He felt a hand slide onto his thigh, a gentle squeeze followed right after.

Michael looked up and to the side, looking at the blue eyes he's grown to accustomed to.

"All good things kitty, not to worry."

Michael smiles softly and nodded before hearing coughing and sputtering of a drink. He turned to look at the other two that were sat with them, seeing them gasping for air after seemingly choking on their drinks.

"Are you two- alright? Can I get you some water?"

"No" "Yes."

They looked at eachother.

"Yes." "No."

Luke rolled his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. He really didn't know what his two mates were doing. Usually, they're more professional than this, more put together and intimidating.

Right now? They were worse than fifth graders.

"I should really get going, I have work tomorrow." The youngest of the four said, darting his eyes around tiredly.

It's 2am now, the four were still sat at the table talking about everything and anything and if Michael were to be completely serious, he was having a great time.

What Michael wouldn't admit though, was that he was getting tired. He didn't feel like mentioning that though, you know, to spare him the embarrassment.

"Oh come on princess, one drink? Let me buy you one drink." Ashton asked, smiling charmingly at the young man. Michael just looked down at his little assortment of umbrellas he'd collected within the past few hours, alcohol didn't come with umbrellas therefore he didn't want it.

"No really, I'm alright Ashton. I could pay for another round before heading out if you'd like? I know it's a bit.. rude to leave on such short notice." The dirty blonde spoke, tugging at the ends of his skirt.

Calum could only watch hungrily, being one of the men who drank a little too much to be deemed as sober.. or tipsy.

"Come on sugar, don't be silly. Want us to call you a cab or something? I could even personally walk you home myself!"

Michael had a wide smile on his face, truly loving the gesture Calum was willing to make, but Luke wasn't amused anymore. He stopped being amused two hours ago, six drinks ago, too many "princess's" and "sugar's" ago.

"No need Cal, I'll be driving him home."

The shorter male turned to look at the blonde, tilting his head in confusion.

"Luke, you've been drinking."

"Not enough to get me drunk kitty. I'm a big boy." The blonde responded, a sly smile resting on his lips. Michaels eyes darted from his lips back to his face and he had to admit, Luke looked really pretty in the dim lights of the club.

"That hemmings guy! He's a punctual man, let me tell ya that!" Calum said, a bit too loudly than necessary. He was a smiley, dopey drunk that just loved talking, that became evident to Michael.

"Punctual? Lu always forgets his keys at my apartment, more like forgetful." The younger man added, smiling amusingly at the drunk male. Luke's eyes could only widen as he looked from his angel to his friend.

"Nuh uh! Hemmo is a very punctual man, the only reason he forgets his keys is because-"

"Alright Michael, let's get going." The blonde rushed, standing up before setting a few hundred dollar bills on the table. Michaels eyes widened at the sight of the money and at the abrupt interruption, but he wasn't complaining, he was just ready to leave.

"It was a pleasure meeting the both of you, I'll see you around?" Michael asked, a soft smile gracing his pink lips. Ashton could only smile fondly at the younger man, nodding.

"Pleasure was all mine princess, I would love to see you agai-"

"Bye sweetie sugar! I'll miss you! You'll come visit me right? Oh! Come visit me and Ashton!" The dark haired man interrupted, seemingly in his own world.

Michael smiled widely and nodded, waving them off before feeling a protective arm wrap around his waist, pulling him along.

Luke seemed more than glad when the two of them were finally in his car, feeling the rush of the loud music and lights wearing away. He had to admit, he did feel quite tired after only a few hours, but it was nothing compared to Michael who was fast asleep in his seat only minutes into the car ride.

That night, the blonde would carry his pretty kitty back to his apartment, laying him comfortably in his bed.

He would take his shoes off and tuck him in, not knowing if the younger man would feel comfortable if Luke undressed him.

He would make his way out, not before leaving a spare pair of keys on the man's counter.

He would be right back here tomorrow.

——

WHAT ARE WE THINKING??

Also I've decided on a new story, OT4 called "little boy", it'll be more michael centric if anything. one sophomore student and 3 senior students, should be fun right?

if ur cool you'll vote + comment on this chapter !!